Note list disappears when shortcut selected

Whenever I navigate to a note from Shortcuts in the sidebar, my note list disappears. See screenshots below; Screenshot 1 is when I'm in a notebook, and Screenshot 2 is when I've selected a specific note from Shortcuts. Is this intentional? And if so, is there a way to make it so the note list stays visible? Evernote only started doing this after a recent update.

Screenshot 1

image.png.9aafc67e19956b5d45eab94fdda2f041.png

Screenshot 2

image.png.8b09e9c5f81347e11f69f49dafa30f7d.png

1 hour ago, jdmarch said:

Same thing on Windows : EN 10.5.7 I don't know how to get the note list back because there's no "Close Note" command.

I don't understand why EN think this behaviour is sensible! I do not know of a way of getting the note list back while staying in the note you have selected. If you just want the notelist back you can click all notes or a notebook in the sidebar.

Just now, Mike P said:

I don't understand why EN think this behaviour is sensible! I do not know of a way of getting the note list back while staying in the note you have selected.

If you just want the notelist back you can click all notes or a notebook in the sidebar.

Thanks, Mike. Yes I also discovered the "click notebook" workaround, but I agree, this is is very counterintuitive. Maybe they are trying to save screen space for teensy tablets?

• 3 weeks later...

This behaviour is totally inconsequent. Happens on all saved searches and saved tags in the sidebar. Only time the sidebar with all notes stays is when a direct note or notebook is chosen from the sidebar.

Good UX/UI is to have the same behaviour triggered when a user does the same thing. Not classify behaviours as different just because thay are implemented different technically. I see this all over in the new EN. :(

When I select/go to a list I espect a...list. Plain and simple!

• Like 1