(Archived) Beta 3: Search from widget cause application to crash

Lemayp

Hello,

I have reported this as a bug already but never received any feedback about it so I am duplicating this problem here since it is an important problem that affect me. This problem occured with both beta 2 and 3, but I must admit that beta 3 is much more stable and I haven't removed it since the day I have installed it on my android machine.

Here is the problem: Clicking on the Widget and performing a search from it will cause the application to crash after 30 seconds approx.

Workaround: Click the widget, click the elephant head, click Search and do the same exact Search and it will work.

Not sure why the search is not working when performed directly from the page supplied by the widget.

- Pierre

Ah_fan,

I will wait for the next update of the beta. I have already tried removing/adding the widget but the problem remains.

Any recommandation prior of installing the next beta? I am planning to simply run the installateur that will update the application, should I remove the old one first to make sure to prevent this problem to occurs.

I will keep you posted once I will have updated.

Thanks,

Pierre

I think that we find the problem. Doing search while your Evernote is syncing in the background may cause the crash. bug is logged. So, I recommend you to wait until the sync is completed before doing search.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Ah_fan,

I received the beta 4 over the air yesterday and installed it (107309 version 2.0b4) and I have reproduced the problem this morning. I couldn't reproduced yesterday so I let the phone open over night with evernote running. This morning I click on the widget to do a search, which bring me to the search page and did my search, which crashed the application after 30 seconds.

Not sure this is the exact scenario as you have described as I doubt that everytime I do a search while evernote is running and stand still for a long time will always occurs to be when the application do an update (it is setup to synch every 30 minutes). Unless the application is not really synching every 30 minutes, and when I try to use it it always decide to sync...

Your proposed workaround cannot be applied as I have no clue that a synch is going on. The only thing I could "try" to do for now is to not immediatly do the search when the widget bring me to the search page, but instead to click on the elephant head and click the search button to do the search... Not natural, but overtime I will surely get used to it...

Let me know if you reproduce. This might only be possible if you are not using your app for a long period, which is unlikely the case in your R&D world... Try it first day in the morning, maybe...

Thanks,

Pierre

Hi,

Having the same problem. I think it only occurs when the widget actually starts the app. When evernote has been loaded before and I initiate a search from the widget it runs fine.

How would I know if evernote is in the middle of syncing, btw?

The version I use is 2.0b4. Is there another update already which adresses this bug?

Archived