Result list does not reflect the filter settings

1 hour ago, Alexander Seidl said:

Assumed i have chosen to select a filter including all notes with tag X that returns a resulting note list with one note with tag X. If i then remove that tag from that note, the resulting list does not remove that note. But that would be a desired behavior.

There are actually two spearate issues here. Firstly changing the tags of a note, either adding or removing, takes a while to be reflected in search. The time taken is anything from a few seconds to minutes or hours. 

Secondly, search results are not dynamic. ie it does not automatically update if something changes. There is also no manual refresh so you literally have to rerun the search, which if it's a complex search and not saved is not straightforward.

You can continue to use the legacy version and hope that the issues are addressed. 

• Like 1

I am having the same issue. I update notes with new tags, rerun the filter and it doesn't update correctly. I use EN for GTD so moving notes between "Now" and "Next" tags is critical and waiting potentially for hours for things to sync is a show stopper.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2020 at 5:01 PM, Mike P said:

There are actually two spearate issues here. Firstly changing the tags of a note, either adding or removing, takes a while to be reflected in search. The time taken is anything from a few seconds to minutes or hours. 

Secondly, search results are not dynamic. ie it does not automatically update if something changes. There is also no manual refresh so you literally have to rerun the search, which if it's a complex search and not saved is not straightforward.

You can continue to use the legacy version and hope that the issues are addressed. 

Honestly, i find this really unacceptable.

I work heavily with search based on tags and so this flaw annoys me everytime i use evernote.

You wrote that search results that reflect changed tags are a matter of hours. Not here, its a matter of days!

27 minutes ago, Alexander Seidl said:

Honestly, i find this really unacceptable.

I work heavily with search based on tags and so this flaw annoys me everytime i use evernote.

You wrote that search results that reflect changed tags are a matter of hours. Not here, its a matter of days!

Things have moved on since this post. For me 10.6.9 now updates tags instantaneously. There are some reports in the forum that this is a not a universal experience but for me at least it is much improved. The second issue is still being worked on. See

• Like 1
  • Level 5

My impression (not based on inside know how, just observation) is that underlying all of it, EN is currently running 2 data bases for each account. The more robust one is the one driving legacy, the other is driving the new clients. Probably the more robust one is robust because it is not touched and optimized any longer.

For the claim of EN to find anything fast and reliably, any weakness in search is a very concerning issue.

Currently I am working on my tax declaration. I would be in deep **** if part of what I need to declare would be missing, just because search did not bring it up. So I am doing it on my Mac, running legacy - which of course is NO solution !

Have you posted a support ticket yet ?

• Like 1
On 1/22/2021 at 11:54 AM, PinkElephant said:

My impression (not based on inside know how, just observation) is that underlying all of it, EN is currently running 2 data bases for each account. The more robust one is the one driving legacy, the other is driving the new clients. Probably the more robust one is robust because it is not touched and optimized any longer.

For the claim of EN to find anything fast and reliably, any weakness in search is a very concerning issue.

Currently I am working on my tax declaration. I would be in deep **** if part of what I need to declare would be missing, just because search did not bring it up. So I am doing it on my Mac, running legacy - which of course is NO solution !

Have you posted a support ticket yet ?

Hi PinkElephant,

if i follow the instructions in [1], this [2] is what i get.

Thanks for your Post,

Alexander

[1] 

[2]

image.thumb.png.1d4fdb13106f0e30bf95d79e8d573039.png

• Level 5

This is from 2018. Forum posts will not be edited when things change.

• To reach support, log into the web client.
  • Click on your name, top left, choose account information 
  • On the next screen: Click on the little down arrow beside your name, top right.
  • Choose „Contact support“
  • For Basic users the only available option AFAIK is „My account“. Paying users have a list of options.

In the clients is a support option as well. EN iOS for example in settings, support, issue support ticket. The advantage is you can add an activity protocol for better analysis.