The handling of preview images is now a little quirky. If you delete the image in the note sometimes the preview image stays. Today I deleted the image from a note and surprisingly the preview image disappeared. I then put a new image in the note and the old preview image reappeared. It is also quite common to have different preview images in the web, legacy and windows V10. It's all a bit of a mess and needs sorting out.

As you can see from the screenshot first page of pdf files isn't seen as a preview image anymore. I wish I didn't install that update dark mode is very nice but other changes don't make any sense. I don't understand why they made Evernote worse.

image_2020-12-11_173107.png

1 hour ago, barrimoon said:

As you can see from the screenshot first page of pdf files isn't seen as a preview image anymore.

In my experience sometimes I do get a pdf preview image and sometimes I don't. I haven't been able to spot any definite pattern but for notes that have just one pdf attachment and no other attachments it appears that you don't get a preview image if the pdf is bigger than about 10MB. I've not been through every note containing a pdf so I may be wrong. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert

This issue continues with v10.5.7.2171

I created a new note and added a single image from a website which was relevant and gave me some creative ideas. The thumbnail from that image was added to the note snippet and card views.

I then went off and created my own graphic to support the content. I deleted the old image from the note. Added my own creation.

Now, in v10.5.7 the thumbnail continues to be the first one that I added for inspiration but is now deleted. The image in the note is my own.

However, a check of the legacy program shows a thumbnail created from my own graphic which is the result I would expect. This is also the case with the web version.

I tried making a minor change to the note in the legacy version followed by a sync but the old thumbnail remains in the note in 10.5.7

Very vexing...

• Sad 1

I've reported the issue after the main update but I don't think they care at all. I guess the thumbnail problem and some other glitches will be around for a while. I'm going to use One Note if they don't fix these problems soon. I was really enjoying the app before the update. It is really disappointing they ruined people's notes for just a few good features. Darkmode, superscript and subscript buttons are good features but considering some of my notes turned into html files and thumbnails of my slides are no longer available, consequences of the update are much more than the advantages.

• Evernote Expert

@barrimoon THere's no reason to stop using the legacy version of the application if that works for you. The new release is definitely a work in progress.  It has improved significantly since it was launched I can see more improvements heading along. My view is that the communication about he new release wasn't great. If it had been made clear that it would start with limited function that would be developing over time I think a lot of expectations might have been managed better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1