Can't see preview images.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are referring to the images being seen as attachments vs inline then images can only be inline (preview) now if they are less than 10mb. If this is what you are referring to I am having the same issue.

I have no issue viewing the image if I do nothing to it. However, if I annotate from a mobile device I can no longer Preview it, only download it. Frustrating as I require inline to be of use to me

• Sad 1
38 minutes ago, badjer.phoenix said:

If you are referring to the images being seen as attachments vs inline then images can only be inline (preview) now if they are less than 10mb. If this is what you are referring to I am having the same issue.

I have no issue viewing the image if I do nothing to it. However, if I annotate from a mobile device I can no longer Preview it, only download it. Frustrating as I require inline to be of use to me

Actually I was talking about the thumbnails and I'm  usually using EN on desktop. Also, I can't see my slides on mobile, unless I open them with adobe acrobat reader. I'm not sure this was different before the update though.

Also, I can't see my slides on mobile, unless I open them with adobe acrobat reader. I'm not sure this was different before the update though.

What do you mean when you say slides? Are you referring to PDFs since you mentioned Acrobat Reader?

If so it seems I am in the same boat as you (didn't realize that before as I just checked after your post). All of my PDFs that I am trying to view via mobile are now the same scenario as I listed with my images. They can only be viewed as an attachment, not inline.

However, via mobile (Android in my case) if I click the attachment it will load it up so that I can view it thru Evernote vs needing to use Acrobat Reader for example. It does not load it up for me in a way where it stays loaded, though. So if I want to view it again it needs to load up every time. In other words it is never kept inline any more.

This is a little different than what you are describing, though. Not sure why your has to be downloaded. Are your PDFs by chance more than 10mb? If so then the same limitation I mentioned regarding images might be applied to your PDFs where they need to be under 10mb

2 minutes ago, badjer.phoenix said:

What do you mean when you say slides? Are you referring to PDFs since you mentioned Acrobat Reader?

If so it seems I am in the same boat as you (didn't realize that before as I just checked after your post). All of my PDFs that I am trying to view via mobile are now the same scenario as I listed with my images. They can only be viewed as an attachment, not inline.

However, via mobile (Android in my case) if I click the attachment it will load it up so that I can view it thru Evernote vs needing to use Acrobat Reader for example. It does not load it up for me in a way where it stays loaded, though. So if I want to view it again it needs to load up every time. In other words it is never kept inline any more.

This is a little different than what you are describing, though. Not sure why your has to be downloaded. Are your PDFs by chance more than 10mb? If so then the same limitation I mentioned regarding images might be applied to your PDFs where they need to be under 10mb

Yeah my slides are in a pdf format. And seems like we experience the same thing on mobile (android). I need to load my pdf files everytime I want to see them. And I also have another problem about thumbnails. And by thumbnails I'm referring to these squares. I can see some of them on desktop but can't see any of them on mobile.

Screenshot_2020-12-31-03-16-17.png

Yeah my slides are in a pdf format. And seems like we experience the same thing on mobile (android). I need to load my pdf files everytime I want to see them.

Yes, same issue plus any image I annotate. Very frustrating as I need inline images not attachments. Makes usage of EN for me questionable

And I also have another problem about thumbnails. And by thumbnails I'm referring to these squares. I can see some of them on desktop but can't see any of them on mobile.

When I am near my desktop I will confirm

Regarding Android mobile have you confirmed that your *View Options* has the *View Images* option selected?

6 minutes ago, badjer.phoenix said:

Yes, same issue plus any image I annotate. Very frustrating as I need inline images not attachments. Makes usage of EN for me questionable

When I am near my desktop I will confirm

Regarding Android mobile have you confirmed that your *View Options* has the *View Images* option selected?

Yeah View Images option is marked.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, has this topic been resolved or is there another thread that resolves this? 

I do have the same issue since a while (Windows, 10.49.4-win-ddl-public (3782), Editor: v161.2.19948, Service: v1.61.2)  version 
problem statement: 

• copy-pasting images into a note works fine (and the image is shown as preview)
  • if I copy text with images over to another note, the images only show up as text (with option to download) instead of a previewevernote.png.74b63ce782a916bae841377198aefda9.png

Thanks for a response : ) 

• 4 months later...

This is sad. Not sure why the code would be release like this and then not to have a reply for 4 monoths is poor at best. I agree with the comment above this 'feature', the fact that code was released like this, and no reply, makes me question my paid subscription to EN.

Otherwise I love this tool.

EN, Please tell us you are still alive, listening, and care

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5
12 hours ago, Jostar said:

Could you please fix this? Issue come from picture with "print screen"

image.jpeg.364544626d024b5e031e6d4ce7893e92.jpeg
still problem in version 10.55.2 win ddl public 4019 

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Please be aware that this is a user-to-user space; Evernote staff are not here.

• 6 months later...
  • Level 5

Nobody here will fix anything (OK, maybe I fix myself a breakfast now). We are users.

If you want anything fixed, contact support.

As a starting point you can check in the web client if the attachments are there.

Web client can be a problem for Free users, it counts as a device.

Hello,
Yes I see image when I click on it. I use PC application however. I added comment to support page below, hope the support team will learn more about it.
Thanks guys for helping out the community. 

2023-10-28_15-35-47.jpg