Drag and Drop tab (padlock icon) from browser to Evernote write the url instead of title (v6)

Hello,

On v6, when i drag and drop a tab (padlock icon) from my browser (Chrome) to a note : an hyperlink was created with the title of the tab as text and the url as link :

v6 : Installer une version antérieure d'Evernote – Aide & apprentissage Evernote

With v10, the url is used as link and as text too :

v10 : https://help.evernote.com/hc/fr/articles/360052560314-Installer-une-version-ant%C3%A9rieure-d-Evernote

Is it possible to restore this behavior ?

Thanks

Curious.  I'm on v6.25 EN-Windows and when I try to grab a Chrome browser Tab, then 'Drag-n-Drop' the Tab to EN, inside note editor or even to the note-list middle pane, all my system/PC does is create a new browser window!  it does nothing inside of EN.  I wasn't aware you could even do this...how does/did it work for you?

• nonobio changed the title to Drag and Drop tab (padlock icon) from browser to Evernote write the url instead of title (v6)

Thanks, that is so cool.  I will be using this to create links...nice one.

I can confirm that when dragging the URL 'padlock icon' to the EN note-editor window in v6.25 it does indeed create a hyperlink using the web-page page-title.  However if dragging the 'padlock icon' to the EN Note-Title bar, it pastes the URL address instead. cheers

Love this!  I also just noticed that if I drag the browser URL, 'padlock icon' to the EN Note-List panel, a NEW note is created with:

1- Webpage Page-Title used as Note-Title

2- Webpage Page-Title used to create a Hyperlinked to the webpage in the body of the EN Note

3- Webpage URL added to EN Note URL

I hope they do restore this in EN v10

I am suffering for the same reason.

The ability to insert a title(NOT URL as is) when dragging the URL address of a web browser and dropping it on a note is really useful.

I can't understand why the feature is missing in the new version.

If it doesn't fix, maybe I'll have to find a new Notes app  😰

Hello :)

On 12/11/2020 at 10:25 PM, RavBoy said:

Love this!  I also just noticed that if I drag the browser URL, 'padlock icon' to the EN Note-List panel, a NEW note is created

Yes i used this function sometimes too :) , but not as muche as the drag and drop on a note.

On 12/12/2020 at 5:53 PM, agsteele said:

I find it fascinating to discover things I never knew I could in Evernote.

On "Evernote 6" ;) :( .

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

I really need this drag and drop feature of URL being dropped displaying page-title instead of page URL, as a result I can't upgrade to the latest version and I have to keep using the EN Legacy.

Could Evernote staff provide some insights into this issue?

Much thanks. 🙂

• 3 months later...