Webcam images disappeared... !!

• Level 5*

Ouch!  I just took several images of labels and packaging with my webcam.  It's dark outside and the webcam has a light on the same arm.  It's a Microsoft Lifecam so reasonably high-def and I can 'zoom' it up and down,  so it seemed like a good bet. I wound up with 7 or 8 pictures in a ~4MB note.

Then I edited the images in XNView to straighten them up and get them all the same size and saved them one-by-one back to the note,  where they all seemed to show up in the right size.

By note #5 I noticed that note #1 had been replaced by one of these little icons - 

1055588699_ScreenClip2.png.9d65b7d6b100499881d565268f071bdb.png

-and every time I saved an edited image,  an previously saved one disappeared and my little collection of icons grew.

I checked on Evernote web (5.33 still...🤔) and I just see the remaining two images and a spinning 'loading' circle...

I checked Note History and I have just two images saved from early on in this exercise...

WTF Evernote??

I junked everything when I took the pictures,  but I can (I hope) still find the originals and do this last hour or so's work again.  And I'll remember to use my mobile and save pictures to the Gallery next time.

Plus of course EN Windows 6.25 is no longer supported though I'm still going to raise this with them.  Having content go walkies  when you think it's saved is NOT a reassuring feeling...   ☹️

• Level 5

Probably scanning with the phone, and saving it to a picture service first is a safe bet. Usually the LED flash will be used by the scanner app if lighting is too dark - or switch it to flashlight function before scanning.

My scanning solutions are all set to keep the original scan even after saving or sharing the new content. It upsyncs to a free cloud service, so no big deal. Once in a while I erase the hoard.

With EN, maybe the external editing broke the chain. If the pics were all named the same (depends on what this webcam does), one may overwrite another. Should not happen, though...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

In Evernote Windows 6.25 Ctrl+Help we have a 'search for lost resources' option which I'm currently running -whilst away from that desk because it takes a while.  After I do that I'll have a winge to Evernote.  My internet connection is strong,  I've used XNView to edit orientation, size and DPI for ages on the app - but you might have a point about file names.  These images were saved directly to Evernote as PNGs,  but I didn't notice what the actual names were...

More to follow....

• Level 5*

My remaining two pictures show file names of: 

• beab9e2227c9504eb1a4b660f59f8b6c.png
  • 18efd765aeebb8758c0f927484b82516.png

so I imagine the others were similar.  I ran a 'fix lost resources' check (Ctrl+help) which completed after an hour or so with 

missing_resources_scan.jpg.b9423a1838b0c9c9151f5cd1a1b6a5f8.jpg

So that's another reason to bother my friends in Support...

Just another day...

• Level 5*

I have seen something like this before.  I try to be sure that I sync a couple of times before I make any mods to the note.  At least I have a chance of history if the process goes paws up.

From the Twilight Zone side of things I have also seen some squirrelly behavior with screen clips.  I've had them appear twice before, IOS thing.  But recently I have had issues with notes created via clip or image sent to EN via email.  In INBOX I tag the note and then move it to the notebook of record.  Next morning the note is back in the INBOX with tags, so not a second copy.  It happened once and I thought I just hadn't moved the note.  About the third time across a few months I thought maybe there might be something else going on.  Haven't lost anything that I am aware of.  And it is random and infrequent so no way I can repeat the process.  Just weird.  Maybe too much amber liquid at the specific times....

• Like 1