How do I go back to legacy EN from newer EN and keep my local notebooks?

Go to solution Solved by DTLow,

• Level 5*

I made the mistake of upgrading EN without reading the release notes. Upon launch of the upgraded EN, the app presents a list of my local notebooks and informs me that I have to transfer them to the new app. From the new app, I exported my local NBs to enex files. 

What's the most efficient way to go back to legacy EN? Should I uninstall new EN, install old EN, sync, then import the local NB enex files?

• Level 5*
  • Solution

The upgrade didn't delete the local legacy database (.exb file)    
- this stores your local notebook data
It will be accessed when you install the Legacy app and login

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
33 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The upgrade didn't delete the local legacy database (.exb file)    
- this stores your local notebook data
It will be accessed when you install the Legacy app and login

Thanks, that was easy. 

Guess I'll have to find another solution before EN abandons the legacy version.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
18 hours ago, tavor said:

Thanks, that was easy. 

Guess I'll have to find another solution before EN abandons the legacy version.

Lots of side discussions on the forum re alternatives.  I'm hoping EN gets V10 back in the neighborhood of V6.25.1 before it sunsets.  Hopefully the chaos on these forums over the last couple of months plus has caught someone's attention as to the errs of V10.  But who knows, there has been little input from EN management as to the state of affairs.  One can hope though.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, CalS said:

Hopefully the chaos on these forums over the last couple of months plus has caught someone's attention as to the errs of V10.  But who knows, there has been little input from EN management as to the state of affairs.  One can hope though.

My impression is the Version 10 roll-out has been directed by management

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, CalS said:

But who knows, there has been little input from EN management as to the state of affairs.

That's always been the case with EN management. With all the management changes, leaving their users in the dark is one thing EN has consistently done.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, DTLow said:

My impression is the Version 10 roll-out has been directed by management

As are all things I would think.  I was referring more to the lack of response to the dumpster fire on these here forums.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, tavor said:

That's always been the case with EN management. With all the management changes, leaving their users in the dark is one thing EN has consistently done.

Their what we are doing videos created optimism relative to some transparency.  That optimism and transparency took a hike with the V10 rollout  Shame.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
14 minutes ago, CalS said:

Their what we are doing videos created optimism relative to some transparency.  That optimism and transparency took a hike with the V10 rollout  Shame.

That cycle has been in effect since the Phil Libin era. User frustration reaches a fever pitch, CEO comes out and says soothing words (probably because VC investors start becoming concerned about user dissatisfaction), users get hopeful, and mediocre delivery. Rinse repeat.

Hey @CalSdidn't recognize your account at first because you changed your avatar from when I was previously active on this forum. Too bad updating (then reverting) to this poo platter of new EN is what brought me back to the forum. 😀