Restore "Sort by Tag" please.

jamespass42

Idea

28 replies to this idea

Here is a use case to illustrate the need for this feature.

Sometimes I want to identify notes that contain only one specified tag. For example I might want to see if a note which only contains a top level tag might benefit from also having some sub tags that I have created more recently. I don't think you can do this with the search syntax. (Very happy if someone can think of a way!) My work around up to now has been to select the top tag and then sort by tags. Notes which only have the top level tag will appear at the top. 

• Like 3

Hello all, 
I urgently need the function to sort by tags. At the moment I have to use the legacy version, but I don't want this to be permanent. When can I expect the integration of this popular feature in Evernote 10?

• Like 1

I wonder if it may be very difficult to give us the feature "sort by tags", "sort by notebooks" .... 

In my thinking Evernote just needs to copy some code from the already existig sort options to the other columns. Isn't that just copy and paste of some already existing code 🤔? And why didn't Evernote not invent all sort options right from the beginning 🤔? But I am not a programmer, may be it is much more difficult as I think,  to implement the missing sort options...

I need that function too.

Overall, I am happy with ne new Evernote. It becomes better an better.

But, I don't use the "Start-Ansicht"... never. I don't have a use for that.

• Like 1

Well, i can't get the Legacy version to install on my new MacBook, so I'm stuck with the lame current version. Why do you remove features when you go to a new version?? Sort by tag is a necessary part of organizing my day - EVERY DAY. Now I can't do that... It's not as if I can switch to a new app to replace Evernote -- I'm in too deep. But it seems like every new version removes something I use daily. It's extremely annoying..

• Like 1

Search can not be the only way to retrieve notes. Sorting by tags, or by notebook if it's simpler to program, is a basic feature.

I've got many todos/reminders in Evernote, but, without this feature, it's impossible to get a global view of what I have to do. I have to use another tool and make links to Evernote...a shame.

I understand that you need some work to do this, but, at least, give us a planning, a future release date.

• Like 1

I wonder what is the problem to extend the sort options to tags and other columns like notebooks. Because some sort options already exist. In my thinking it should be easy to extend the sort options, because the code already exist. Or is it more difficult than I think? 

• Like 3

Six months and not even a peep out of Evernote on this. Sill using Legacy to sort by tags but seriously looking around now. Way to go Evernote, ditching your existing sort methods and customers to offer shiny new bells and whistles.

"PLEASE....restore sort by tag. Been a premium user since early days. I literally have my whole life in thousands of notes sorted by tag! Don't replace it and I'm done with Evernote. How do I know you won't drop my next sort method in your next "update"?" 

• Like 2

Another Premium member from the beginning.  Looking at alternatives (because I can't access legacy from my new Mac).  Will cancel and migrate to another solution if not resolved.

• Like 1

Same here, I'm going to try to reinstall the legacy version. If sort by tag isn't included in the new version by the end of the year I'm going to be looking to find an app that better suits my needs. 

• Like 1