Strange storage issues

Ayon91

Idea

Hi,

I have noticed something very strange going on with my account with regards to storage space. When I go to account info under the Tools menu, it shows me my account summary, including remaining storage space for the month. According to this, I've already used up 22 MB of data, which cannot be right; I've only recently started using Evernote with my current email address, and all my notes combined add up to like 7 or 8 MB. I am confused by this - and concerned as I have only the Basic Evernote, and am limited to 60 MB/month.

Additionally, as a test, I duplicated one of my notes, deleted it, and then permanently removed it from trash - however, my account info still reports that I've used up even more data. Does this mean that simply creating a note and uploading data will cause my remaining storage to shrink, regardless of whether I remove that data or not?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Any time a note is updated it is resent to the server.  It is the upload traffic that counts not the note sizes.  Duplicating the note added to your upload usage. 

For example, if a 1MB note is created and updated/synced 59 times in a day the upload limit will be hit yet the data base size will be 1MB.