How to make attached pdfs appear as attachments by default in new Evernote for Mac?

Caipirinia

Idea

When I insert a pdf in a note, the pdf is automatically previewed. If I right click it, I have the option View as attachment. In the old Evernote for Mac there was an option in Preferences to make all new pdfs appear as attachments by default. How do I do this in the new Evernote (10.4.4.)? Thank you.

• Like 3

10 replies to this idea

+1, yes, very frustrating, upgraded to v 10.4.3 yesterday & all my (hundreds across multiple notes) of PDF's have now been changed from being shown as an attachment to Single Page view mode & also it appears when manually changed back to be shown as an attachment that only one PDF per line is available

• Like 1

I know. This is terrible. How do I e-mail a pdf or one of my scanned documents bypassing making an "evernote" invitation. I chose to buy Evernote, but I do not expect my doctor, business partners or friends to get hooked up with Evernote just to read what I send.

So any clues? They removed the possibility of sharing>e-mail as far as I can see. That makes this useless for me. So disappointed. I hope it is just my miss...not seeing how to do it.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi. For inidvidual notes,  try clicking or right-clicking the top bar of the frame around the PDF.  AFAIK none of the v10 apps have 'options' to select yet (apart from keeping the database) so if you want to avoid seeing attachments,  try the legacy.

This is an absolute dealbreaker also for me. I am paying for Evernote Premium for the option to quickly search and browse PDFs. I also discovered the option of displaying individual PDFs inline, but this needs to be available as a standard for ALL notes. Please, Evernote, think about the thousands of researchers who rely on the searching and browsing functions! I'm switching back to the legacy version, the new version is unusable for me.

Horrible upgrade. Made this application frustrating to the point of wanting to flee.  No longer can I easily see scanned pdfs in acrobat.  When I right click=>open the document, nothing happens.  No ability to email is a real big deal.  Is evernote wanting to drive customers away?