Where are Evernote program files?

Doministry

Idea

6 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, Doministry said:

I used to assign my Surface Go Pen to open Evernote with one click.

Now I cannot find them!!!

What the f....??? Where are they???

The executable is in:

C:\Users\userNamee\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote

• Evernote Expert
49 minutes ago, Doministry said:

Thank  you, Ih have no idea why they suddenly changed that as well

It's a new program and they wanted to allow the continued use of the legacy version which occupied the old location. It wouldn't be possible - or at least not easy - to use the same program folders for two different applications.

On 12/6/2020 at 12:56 PM, agsteele said:

It's a new program and they wanted to allow the continued use of the legacy version which occupied the old location. It wouldn't be possible - or at least not easy - to use the same program folders for two different applications.

Thanks, that makes sense actually

On 12/6/2020 at 11:56 AM, agsteele said:

It is actually the way Electron works, it does not use the standard 'Program Files' folder that most Windows apps use.
If you use any other Electron apps such as Notion, Nimbus Notes or VS Code you will see them installed in the same location so it was probably not a conscious choice to move the location.

On 12/9/2020 at 7:05 PM, DMiddleton said:

It is actually the way Electron works, it does not use the standard 'Program Files' folder that most Windows apps use.
If you use any other Electron apps such as Notion, Nimbus Notes or VS Code you will see them installed in the same location so it was probably not a conscious choice to move the location.

Never used anything by them....