Extremely High CPU and Memory Usage Evernote Mac

Hi Evernote, 

System: 

MacBook Air 2019

macOS Big Sur

16gb memory 

1.6 ghz dual core

Evernote  on my Mac has been utilizing from 62 to 126% of my CPU for the past 4 hours.  Ever since I upgraded to Big Sur, Evernote has had high utilization. 

It's also consuming a lot of memory from 2.1GB to 3.2GB for past 4 hours (and since upgade).

What is Evernote doing to fix these performance issues for Mac users?

Thank you,

Lance 

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.58.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.59.09 AM.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, longtimeuser3 said:

What is Evernote doing to fix these performance issues for Mac users?

Probably nothing at all until someone reports the details to Support and can supply the logs to show where the excess activity is taking place...  although if this is connected with an app update,  the extra activity might be a one-time overuse due to Evernote getting the new database installed and up to speed.

• 1 month later...

Same here. Very high CPU load after some browsing / editions through my notes. I have to restart Evernote to get back to normal CPU usage - for some time. Happens since last update.

Mac mini mid-2010, Core 2 Duo 2,4 GHz, 16 GB RAM.

macOS High Sierra.

Hit a key and CPU shoots to 103%.  Wait a long time and it eventually goes down to 4%.  Then hit a key again and it goes to 103% again.

Mojave

System Version: macOS 10.14.6 (18G5033)

Here it is at 92.9%

589623192_ScreenShot2021-01-22at10_32_30AM.thumb.png.efc10506715e49c6f31a36dfa507f6c7.png  Kernel Version: Darwin 18.7.0

I have seen this several times in the latest windows version as well: multiple cores were occupied endlessly. Killing EN and restarting solved the problem.