Why does Evernote v10 make us click twice on our hyperlinks?

jmckimm

Idea

In the Legacy version, all hyperlinks require one click to go to the destination. What "advantage" does requiring a user to click once on the hyperlink, then click again on the URL? 

Is it a limitation of Electron? Or is there a benefit I haven't realized? Curious why Evernote did this.

6 replies to this idea

17 minutes ago, jmckimm said:

In the Legacy version, all hyperlinks require one click to go to the destination. What "advantage" does requiring a user to click once on the hyperlink, then click again on the URL? 

Is it a limitation of Electron? Or is there a benefit I haven't realized? Curious why Evernote did this.

I agree with you completely. It has been raised over and over again since the very early days of the preview version. The only possible "advantage" I can think of is that it avoids having to right click to edit the link as you can left click and choose edit. 

The slightly better news is that you can ctrl-click an internal EN link and it opens the note in another window without the intermediate menu. ctrl-clicking a weblink also goes directly to the site but doesn't change the focus to the web browser so it still requires a second click on the web browser to bring it to the foreground.

• Like 1
On 12/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, Mike P said:

I agree with you completely. It has been raised over and over again since the very early days of the preview version. The only possible "advantage" I can think of is that it avoids having to right click to edit the link as you can left click and choose edit. 

The slightly better news is that you can ctrl-click an internal EN link and it opens the note in another window without the intermediate menu. ctrl-clicking a weblink also goes directly to the site but doesn't change the focus to the web browser so it still requires a second click on the web browser to bring it to the foreground.

Thank you. I guess I'll ctrl click from now on while using V10. 

Nice to see the note url reappear in the main view in version 10.5.5 but, yes you guessed it, two clicks for this one too! It's very simple: right click or three dots menu for less used actions (edit, copy etc) one click for the normal expected action. The tags menu works like this with no right click options. So does the notebook menu with right click options. Can we have some consistency please.

• Like 1