Date Formats in new V10

RobertTostevin

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, RobertTostevin said:

Can we please have the option for others - specifically the British date format dd/mm/yyyy and reverse date format yyyy-mm-dd

I moved your post to the request forum, and added my vote

In the meantime, I use a script utility to format the date to my preference (yyyy-mm-dd)    
and insert wherever I need it, title or contents

edit; Sorry, I missed the "in the lists" reference.  

1 hour ago, RobertTostevin said:

In the new v10 it seems you can only have 1 date format in the lists - American Mmm dd yyyy

I thought I understood this but then when I read it again I'm confused. Firstly what do you mean by "in the lists". Secondly the date format I get when I use the alt-shift-D shortcut is 5 December 2020 which I assume reflects the fact that I am in the UK. There have been discussions before about where EN V10 gets your location from and the possible answers are:

• EN account information
  • Windows location
  • Even possibly location in Google Chrome

Bottom line is that I do agree it would be useful to have choices about how we format the date. However having all your settings consistently UK it is possible to have something that works although it may not be exactly the format you want.

Hi

"in the lists" means date columns in the top list view sidebar view etc 

so date created column at present shows Dec 4 2020 

I will check my win10 settings are UK - but I'm pretty sure they are because in the Legacy App running on the same machine the dates are displayed correctly 

TBH I do wonder why they've released the app there are so many bugs and missing features compared to the Legacy app

it's quite frustrating 

48 minutes ago, RobertTostevin said:

"in the lists" means date columns in the top list view sidebar view etc 

OK that clarifies it. I also have Mmm dd, yyyy in the top view and side view lists as well as all the other places the date appears (e.g. snippet view, last edited in the note and the two dates in the note info window).

Localisation is an issue for a lot of people, mainly around spell checking foreign langiuages so it's fair to say EN still have a huge amiubt of work to do in this whole area.

• Level 5*
58 minutes ago, ab1kenobee said:

How to change DATE FORMATTING from default (December 7, 2020) to 7/12/2020 ?

I moved your post to the Windows forum, and merged with an ongoing discussion   
To indicate support for this request, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion