need better way to insert text between two pictures

gy145

Idea

Correct me if I am wrong. Can you do the following in  evernote V10?

1. I want to paste two pictures in a note, so Win+Shift+S to clip part of the screen, then paste Ctrl+V to evernote.

2. repeat the above so you have two pictures in the note.

3. Now I notice that the second picture stay very close to each other or even at the same line.

4. I want to add "enter" or type in some text between the two pictures.

On Step 4, seems like there is no indication where the cursor is for me to type in, I do try to click somewhere between the two pictrues, then type, it end up delete one of the picture.

So feature request: I want to be able to insert text or enter between two pictrues, I want a cursor to blink when I click between picture to show me where I am tying in.

5 replies to this idea

38 minutes ago, mczin said:

At step 3 I can select the upper picture by using the mouse and then press enter .... May be it works for you.

That works for me too. It is counter intuitive because selecting an image and pressing enter in many programs will delete the image. Not surprising therefore that this question has come up before.

Thanks! I agree that the above method works. But as you mentioned, it is counter intuitive. You have to click a picture then press enter before you type. If you click a picture then type, you will delete the picture. This is why I place my topic in the new feature request part of the forum. We also need a cursor to show where I am inputting.

Thanks again for the quick response. Believe it or not, I opened a ticket about this, it is already several days and several emails back and forth, the agent has not tried what I said yet. They keep asking me to update the V10 and send log  send video. This kind of support of evernote seem match the bad quality of the new version V10.

It seems like the users owe evernote, owe them money and time, we need to take a lot of effort to learn the v10 etc and even more time with the custom support team.

• Level 5

Works the same way on iOS: Got to edit mode, tap on the picture. It gets a blue rim. The keyboard will show (if it doesn't, tap again).

When you hit "Enter" with the picture selected, a new line will be inserted after the picture.

If it doesn't work on the first try, maybe you need to practise a little.