Slowness/Poor Responsiveness/Lag

I am running Windows 7 and had previously beenhappily running Evernote V6.17. Last week I upgraded to Evernote Windows version 10.The performance was so slow that the app was totally unusable. So I backed my way down the updates, uninstalling each before reinstalling the previous version. V6.25 was still too laggy, so I went back to 6.17, which is where I started. But it, too, is now very, very laggy. When I create a new note, it takes at least 1 minute before I am able to type anything in the note. Rebooting the CPU hasn't helped. It is not trying to Sync. This slowness has robbed all of the joy of using this great product. What can I do to restore the snappy Evernote that I was using a mere week ago?

• Level 5*

Not sure that you can - Windows 7 is not a supported OS.. but maybe: if you can uninstall all subsequent updates with Revo Uninstaller Free and then revert to 6.17 you'll get back to where you were.  Temporarily.  Windows 7 will not last,  and 6.17 will not last much longer.  Sooner or later you will have to embrace the new "improved" 6.25...