Cannot log in after update

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, ohiggins said:

Can't login at all

Google comes back with login failed (works fine on web)

The username.email option just times out and does not go to the password section.

Any of these symptoms?

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/130299-white-window-always-show-up-windows/?tab=comments#comment-585796

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/131717-desktop-app-doesnt-open-after-upgrading-to-1044/?tab=comments#comment-592938

+1

I was forced to upgrade to v10.4.4-2096.

Now unable to login using either email address or Google authentication.

The three dots along the green bar just continue to scroll.

Please fix this issue. Until someone fixes this issue I have reverted back to the legacy version which is working fine without issue.

Here is the link to run the legacy version

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314?fbclid=IwAR2TNqp-eGRH3Ds8Vfu-CiKPjYolJzZ_keR9eWQaDahJ2GN-7hwn595zI8w&__s=bsetfdgzirbvqtopurph

12 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi,

No it appears to be different, I can open it no problem and get the login screen but i don't go anywhere after that. Please see the screen shots in the post above.

Hi, I made an update today. New version uninstalled old one, afterwards  v. 10.4.4. has been installed. After launching it I see log window displayed. When I try to log in using google account it opens a browser window where I am selecting my account connected with evernote's one. I get info in browser: "You are now signed into Evernote via Google login.
Feel free to close this tab and return to the app.", but app displays "login failed".  When I try to log in using email, after typing it in it stays like buffering and nothing happens. I attach screenshoot with both login windows. Anyone has same problem?

evrnt.PNG

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, mmpmmp said:

Anyone has same problem?

Quite a few others have similar issues it seems - I merged your post with theirs.  I'd recommend any subscribers contact support about this - they're posting quite long delays,  but you'll get your place in the queue at least - and meantime go back to the legacy app and wait for the next update.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

On 12/5/2020 at 12:16 AM, mmpmmp said:

Hi, I made an update today. New version uninstalled old one, afterwards  v. 10.4.4. has been installed. After launching it I see log window displayed. When I try to log in using google account it opens a browser window where I am selecting my account connected with evernote's one. I get info in browser: "You are now signed into Evernote via Google login.
Feel free to close this tab and return to the app.", but app displays "login failed".  When I try to log in using email, after typing it in it stays like buffering and nothing happens. I attach screenshoot with both login windows. Anyone has same problem?

evrnt.PNG

Yes, is is my exact issue...

v 10.4.4 build 2096 public
Editor: v112.1.14477
Service: v1.23.6

On 12/5/2020 at 4:44 AM, gazumped said:

Quite a few others have similar issues it seems - I merged your post with theirs.  I'd recommend any subscribers contact support about this - they're posting quite long delays,  but you'll get your place in the queue at least - and meantime go back to the legacy app and wait for the next update.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

Thanks for that. Installed Legacy, least i can get back to work.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, BenJones said:

Did anybody ever get a resolution to this? I've never got any version of Evernote V10 to work on my work PC.

Hi.  Did you reach out to Evernote Support?  As I understand it v10 is working for a lot of users.... 

• 1 month later...

These login issues are likely caused by enterprise content filters.  If your at work, or on a work VPN, submit a ticket to your service desk that says this:

"Please add an SSL bypass for evernote.com as it's a certificate pinned application that I need to do my job"

Dress it up as you see fit...

• Like 1

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. The IT department won't make any changes like that, it's a multinational company and they won't make a change because one employee asks for it, especially as OneNote works.

It's strange because Evernote Legacy works fine. Must be something to do with the move to Electron.

• Level 5

You may try the web client. It is now much closer to the desktop than it used to be.

Check if using a private cloud service on company equipment companies is compliant with company rules. Some allow for it, some don’t.

I use the screen clipping function a lot from the system tray so the web only version wouldn't really do the job. Very strange how Legacy works fine.

Looks like Evernote isn't any use for me any more.

13 hours ago, BenJones said:

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. The IT department won't make any changes like that, it's a multinational company and they won't make a change because one employee asks for it, especially as OneNote works.

It's strange because Evernote Legacy works fine. Must be something to do with the move to Electron.

I work for a multinational company in the CyberSecurity dept managing web content filters and this is something that happens all the time.  If your company will not do an SSL bypass, then your out of options unless you can convince Evernote to turn of Certificate Pinning.

I get why companies would not want to bypass Evernote though, as it can be used for egress and causes DLP concerns.  Evernote should offer an alternative login experience for people behind SSL intercepted endpoints.

• Level 5

2 other options:

1) Use a VPN Service to link your computer through a private channel with the network. This can be done when you are able / allowed to install a VPN profile on your computer.

2) Use a mobile device to set up a personal hotspot, and connect to it.

Depending on how tough IT security is applied, you may not be able to do any of both. Then I would accept it - use a private mobile device instead, on a mobile network.

IT security is getting more important by the day (nobody wants to be out of gas because the pipeline is down… ). I would not try to pry a hole into company defenses just because I want to use an external service not permitted by my employer. Could be your job that is on the line by doing so.

• 6 months later...