How do you edit the search criteria of Saved Search?

ikey

• Level 5*

Hi.  Don't know what app or device you're using,  so can't be specific,  but I usually find it easier to create a new saved search than to edit an old one...

Edit:  And please don't post the same query twice.  I zapped your other post on this.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, ikey said:

I can seem to find a way to edit the search criteria of Saved Searches. Am I missing something?

155438096_ScreenShot2020-12-04at09_55_47.png.461c096fb1a8c1d387e03318ed6ae068.pngClick the ... on the right side (screenshot from my Mac)

Thanks for the replies. I am using PC app. It has "Edit saved search" option but it let's you only change the name of the saved search. I know I can make a new one, but then that takes more steps than necessary.

• 5 months later...

I am also looking for a way to Edit saved search.  In the good old Evernote, it can be done.  So, you can fine tune your search criteria.  In the Evernote v10, it seems that we can only edit the Name of saved search.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TonyLim said:

I am also looking for a way to Edit saved search.  In the good old Evernote, it can be done.  So, you can fine tune your search criteria.  In the Evernote v10, it seems that we can only edit the Name of saved search.  

I agree that edit saved search does not do what it suggests. It should be renamed "rename saved search". The workaround its to just go ahead and change the search, add tag filters etc. Provided there are results you then have the option to save the search. You will need to give it a new name and then go back and delete the old one. Not good and I hope it will be changed soon.

Gone were the days where we can edit the saved search.  Look at the search criteria, especially it is written in advanced search syntax, modify/fine-tune it.  Those were the days.

On 6/1/2021 at 9:41 AM, TonyLim said:

Look at the search criteria, especially it is written in advanced search syntax, modify/fine-tune it.

I'm surprised that you feel you can't look at the search criteria. The search criteria seems perfectly clear to me. The only slightly strange thing is that some search syntax is converted to blue lozenges. As you can see from the screenshot below, if there is no conversion possible the search syntax is retained in the search field.

image.png.172fa364fdb8ce3ffb4e038234795b71.png

OK.  I can see why you can see the search criteria easily.  Because you have an expanded sidebar.  You can see the search criteria when you select the shortcuts.

I have my sidebar hidden most of the time. So, this is what I get.  I cannot see (I didn't know there is) the search criteria. By the way, my shortcuts is called Reminders.  I thought I click the Edit saved search, I can edit saved search (Name and Query).  But...

.1522015057_Screenshot2021-06-03at8_37_02PM.png.afc90a2e7043f43b2a15753f075a34b1.png

In the good old Evernote 6.25 Windows, this is how we can edit saved search.  You can edit the Name and Query of the Saved Search.

2004967384_Screenshot2021-06-03at8_40_19PM.png.a0157ea2ce2048a9a1e27b381c7b3efd.png

What UI/UX has Evernote v10 bring us.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

About the UI: When I need the details, I expand the side bar and second column. When I want to work  undistracted, I make it collapse. To me this makes sense - I rather do organizational OR content work, not both at a time.

• 1 month later...

Please bring back the capability to edit saved search parameters. I realize that I can create a new one, but because I don't update searches that often I have to research to proper terms and syntax each time. Editing a saved search is so much easier.

I'll continue to use a legacy version of Evernote until these two functions are restored:

1. ability to list search list by Reminder Date

2. ability to edit saved search parameters

• Like 1