What particular aspect of drag and drop are you trying to do? There are a lot of drag and drop actions that do work but sometimes only in some windows. Here is a list of some of the things that I've found work:

You can:

• drag a note into a notebook
  • drag a tag onto a note in the note list
  • drag and drop tags to move them within the tag hierarchy in the main tags window (not in the sidebar)
  • drag a notebook into a stack
  • drag a tag or a note into shortcuts
  • drag items in a list (bullet points, numbered or checklist) around to reorder them

You can't

• drag a notebook onto another notebook to make a stack

I've probably missed out lots of things. It would be really helpful to know what exactly you are trying to do. 

OK. It helps to be specific in what exactly what the problem is.

I assume you are dragging an image or something from EN into WhatsApp rather than the whole note. If I drag the note from the legacy into WhatsApp web I get the enex file as an attachment which i am guessing is not what you are doing.

Getting images out of EN to put them anywhere is not easy and it really should be. The workaround is to drag it to your desktop and then from your desktop to WhatsApp. I do that all the time and it works but is definitely not ideal. Basic copy and paste and drag and drop between programs is something that should just work because I'm running Windows not somethng we have to ask the developers to implement.

• Evernote Expert

I use WhatsApp web in Firefox. I cannot drag and drop to WhatsApp from the desk top let alone Evernote.That's a WhatsApp web thing. But I cannot drag and drop from Evernote v10 to a Word document. @Mike P offers the only solution I can use at present other than sticking with the standard advice to use the legacy version until the issue is resolved.

It is possible to drag and drop the evernote note to whatsapp web in any version of Evernote. Only in the last update that doesn't work.
So now I've done a downgrade and I'm using Evernote Legacy to continue doing the drag and drop as I always have.
So it's just a bug from the last version of drag and drop.

1 hour ago, agsteele said:

I use WhatsApp web in Firefox. I cannot drag and drop to WhatsApp from the desk top let alone Evernote.That's a WhatsApp web thing.

Nothing to do with EN but I think it is the combination of WhatsApp web with Firefox. It works well on WhatsApp web in Chrome (as long as you don't drag into the actual text box but just into the conversation window)

• 10 months later...
  • Evernote Expert

It wasn't removed but has taken sometime to build in to v10. As it is copy and paste works in the desktop apps and drag and drop seems to work intermittently. It is being worked on and I imagine it will be working fully sooner rather than later.

• Level 5
On 11/3/2021 at 7:45 PM, Renata Teixeira said:

I really can't believe they took the drag and drop option! Looking for a new app right now! 😠

Oh, how I love these posts !

For their sincerity, their complete dedication of getting the best app, their resourcefulness.

The only thing missing is: Why, oh why didn't you first try what you are claiming is in fact missing. Because it has returned to the apps since, so it is not missing any longer. Which a simple test would have revealed in a minute.

If you are now still missing it, update your clients.

Still looking for another app ? Just go ahead ...