How can I reduce the window width?

On the latest update of Evernote for Mac, I'm not able to make the window narrower, so Evernote ends up taking over half of my laptop screen. I use the notes while looking at other documents so having it so wide is an issue. I've also tried changing from Note width/Optimize readability and Note width/Fit to window but it doesn't make any difference.

Any ideas? Thanks so much for your help!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 to this feature in the desktop application, however I want to share my workaround. If you open up Evernote in the browser, you can use the 3 dots (for chrome) in the top right corner, go to more tools -> create a shortcut, check the open as window box. This creates a window separate from the main browser that looks a lot like the app, but it can be resized to be super thin.

• 7 months later...
  • Level 5

There is a minimum width of the app window, that takes appr. 50% of the width of my MacBook Pros 15" display.

It is a design decision, not a bug. If you need to liberate that part of the screen, you can minimize the window, or (if working on several monitors) move it to another desktop.

• Level 5

As another user, I can give you my personal sympathy for your request, and that is it.

There are ways to work around it on the Mac.

One would be to place the different apps on separate virtual desktops. You can easily change between them, the simplest being a special swipe on the trackpad. Or define a „hot corner“ to switch desktops.

Another is of course a second display. No problem in the office, there I have plenty of screen real estate. In my „road warrior“ setup I use my iPad through the „sidecar“ function build into the newer MacOS versions to have the iPad act as secondary display to my MacBook Pro. Very nice, and it adds touch ability (including pencil support) to the Mac.