Opening Evernote from tray with one click

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This. I was disappointed to find out the newer version of Evernote brings up a "new note" function when clicking on the tray icon once, instead of opening the full program interface like it used to be. I would like to have that option back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Completely agree.

Have you heard of UX research and analysis?

Customer Journey Map?

Does it ring the bell?

I am working at an IT outsourcing company, this is basics guys!!!

I am totally switching back to previous version. Notbooks can not be added to Favourites, I can not open evernote with 1 click from tray.

I will be looking to competitors very soon if goes that way!

• Level 5

Just to correct some misleading information:

Notebooks can be pinned to favorites / shortcuts. Must be done in notebook settings.

My EN opens with one click from the system tray. You get the Home view. When you set your widgets to show the QuickNote as first widget, you can start to type a note right away, and convert it directly or later into a regular note. Modifying widgets is reserved for subscribers.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Please give us the option to open Evernote by clicking the tray, instead of a new quick note. 

1.  I look at old notes far more frequently than I create new ones
  2. When I'm looking up an old note, it's usually because I'm halfway through a task and realise I need a piece of information in Evernote - my short term memory is full with whatever task I'm doing - so having to remember each time that it's a right click, select menu option, left click is more annoying and mentally taxing than it would be otherwise. I'm so used to just clicking the icon.

Thanks Evernote team, we appreciate the work you do.

• 3 weeks later...

This is just another example of Evernote forcing legacy users to accept their new way of awful UX. This new refactor/redesign of Evernote is not great.

Yes, I want system tray icon to open Evernote, not a stupid Quick Note popup! Even if there are people who create a new note this way, where is the option to tweak the click handling via Evernote settings? Oh right, there are no settings!

So Evernote, when changing things how they worked for years, maybe make the new changes optional please?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Nobody is forced, since you can just continue with legacy. Ignore v10 is around, be happy with what you have !

Oh, you want the new stuff, but as if it were in legacy ? I don’t think EN will go Retro with the new features.

So it boils down to the most difficult situation: You have to take a decision.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5

Actually 1.5 years later -between any activities in this thread, which signals it is not exactly the next hot issuer most. Nobody will actually pick this from here (a user forum) and do anything about it.

If you want to place your "want" with EN, use the feedback function or a support ticket.

• Level 5

There is another long thread on this topic, which contains a number of suggestions of other ways to open the program interface with a single click. It seems, though, that people who want to open it from the tray with one click want to open it from the tray with one click, period; and don't see the advantages of having one click to start a new note.

EDIT

Yet another thread on this topic with recent activity:

But I have at least two other apps that do exactly what Evernote does: left-clicking their tray icons creates a new note or takes some other specific action, rather than opening the main program window.

• Like 2