Not all Notes Are being Listed When Selecting a Tag in Top List View

When selecting a tag in the side-bar not all the notes are being displayed in the Top List View

When I compare the list of notes in the legacy app versus the new v10 App I can see that not all the notes are listed in the new app

They DO however all appear in the side bar view - so it seems to be a Top List view issue

I'm using Windows version 10.4.4

11 hours ago, RobertTostevin said:

When selecting a tag in the side-bar not all the notes are being displayed in the Top List View

When I compare the list of notes in the legacy app versus the new v10 App I can see that not all the notes are listed in the new app

They DO however all appear in the side bar view - so it seems to be a Top List view issue

I'm using Windows version 10.4.4

I haven't been able to replicate this yet. The number of notes associated with a tag is given in the sidebar next to each tag. Are you saying that if you select a tag the number of notes displayed in the top view list is less than this number?

Yes that's exactly the issue 

I can have both legacy app and new app open side by side and I can see more notes in the legacy app than the new one

if you switch from top list to side list you can then see them but they disappear again when switching back to top list 

I have certainly in the past had a similar issue but hadn't noticed a difference between views. Have you tried the web version? Because it is essentially the same as the windows version but doesn't have any sort of cache it might help to identify whether it is a problem with the functionality itself or some sort of sync problem. 

To illustrate this - here are the screenshots from the New App & the Legacy App

You can see the items I've outlined in red are missing from the new Apps view for the same tag "Possible Article" are ordered by Title

How do i get this discussion topic to be raised as a bug with Evernote ?

LegacyApp.png

NewApp.png

Your V10 screen shot doesn't show the number of notes but I'm assuming that it's not 482. All I can do is to suggest again that you do the same search in the web version for the reasons I have already outlined,

46 minutes ago, RobertTostevin said:

It can't be a cache or sync issue, because as already mentioned,  you can see the notes if you switch from top list to side bar on the new app

By the same token it can't be the software because it doesn't happen to me.

If you want to submit a ticket I would start here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005377. Not surprisingly there is a significant time lag on responding to tickets at the moment.

16 hours ago, RobertTostevin said:

You can see the items I've outlined in red are missing from the new Apps view for the same tag "Possible Article" are ordered by Title

Looking again at the screen shot from the legacy app, although the symbol to indicate that it is being sorted by title is clearly there, it doesn't actually seem to be in alphanumeric order. The legacy version seems to ignore the leading zero. On the other hand the V10 screen shot is in, what I would consider to be, the correct order. I would therefore expect the items you have put the red box round to be along way down the screen in the new version.

That obviously does not explain the difference you are seeing between the side view and the top view. Having just tested it with a note title beginning 01 the order is the same in both views in V10.

This is weird. There is something definitely strange (or clever!) about the ordering  of notes starting with numbers and it looks like this was in the legacy as well.

image.png.b36b53c162254892ccac9824e6ac58fc.png

It seems to be ignoring leading zeros and then treating numbers at the beginning of a title as numbers not text (so that 6 is before 10 without having to do the normal trick of using 06 if you want it to come before 10). However this doesn't seem to be consistent with @RobertTostevin's screen shot. Is it to do with how V10 handles notes created in earlier versions? I am on 10.4.4 and don't see any difference between side view and top view. Key question is still whether the number of notes in both views is the same (and the same as the legacy version).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Works for me, tried on EN iOS.

Sometimes when a tag shows you can place the cursor into the empty search field and hit enter. This refreshes the search. This was not necessary in my tests, just as an additional option to activate the tag.

• Level 5
On 1/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, ThomH said:

unfortunately that issue isn't solved and the link is not working for me. Are there any news regarding this very annoying issue?

AFAIK the link only works for the owner of the ticket.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 10:38 PM, André Cassiano said:

Old post, but as this still happens in 2022 (v.10.33.5) and after days looking for a solution, I wanted to share here something that worked for me, a solution by @PinkElephant him/herself!

Cheers!

It's absurd that this still happens. How can one depends on a software to present him the information he needs when he needs if this behaviour persists? 

Today I encountered this issue, and after a google search, I found this thread where I learned the tip to sign out with clearing all saved data. I hope evernote don't expect me to keep doing this every now and then? And I hate to think of me making a business decision based on a list of notes that is missing crucial notes !!!

• Level 5

About resetting the local database: No idea what the background workings is. I reset it on my Mac whenever I feel something could be amiss: Long startup times, search results that just doesn’t look right etc. 

Others did it successfully when notebooks showed duplicated in the left panel. 

Basically it is something that works fast and solves at least for some time a bunch of possible oddities. Not a Root cause solution, but pretty good for a band aid.