How to fix "There is no application set to open the URL" on Mac?

I have created links to paste into other apps (like OmniFocus) using Copy Internal Link > Copy App Link. When I click the link in the other app, I get an error message:

"There is no application set to open the URL"  Then I have to go through my list of apps, click on Options so the Mac allows me to select Evernote (instead of just its recommended apps) and finally the note will open in the Evernote Desktop app, which is what I wanted in the first place,

I want these types of URLs to ALWAYS launch correctly, opening the Evernote app and displaying the note in questions. (I don't want to use it in my browser.... takes forever to launch and load.)

Is there a way to accomplish this? I know how to select an app to always open a particular file type. But not a URL.

Thanks!

Yes, the same thing happens to me and I want evernote to make it possible to access links from apps like OMNIFOCUS directly to the EVERNOTE app. On evernote iPad or iPhone this is possible. On iMac or macbook it is NOT possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Found a Fix - I had this problem too so I have been using Evernote Legacy for macOS

- back up if appropriate - but should be in the cloud

-Delete Both Apps (Legacy if you have it and newer Evernote) - I also deleted the web clipper

- Search  and delete - any other related folders to Evernote. E.g I had  a folder in my library, a few directories down, icalled group containers  with some evernote stuff in it.( just search you hard drive using finder) 

- Download New Evernote from Internet , not mac store ( I read elsewhere this may help)

Hope this works for you as well. 

Thanks

• Thanks 1