Deleted Notes Still appearing in Search

wonderpuppy

Idea

Two notes continue to show up in searches, although I deleted the notes at least three weeks ago. I've emptied the trash several times in the ensuing days.  The title of the notes appear in the found column, but the "updated" column is empty. Nevertheless, if I sort the search results by Date Updated, they seem to have an updated date attached to them, as they are listed in between other "real" results and not at the beginning or end. When I select one of the notes on the laptop, I get a blank note.  When I do an identical search on either my iPhone or my iPad, the notes also appear; when I select one of the "phantom" notes, I get "Note Unavailable. Unable to load this note. Please refresh the page or try again later."  Pressing "Refresh" does nothing. All my devices are online, I've synced (several times). I'm on v10.4.4 build 2096 on my Mac; on my iPhone and iPad I'm on 10.1(1107121).  MacBook Pro Mojave, iPhone 11 Pro Max. iPad Air 2, iOS 14.2

evernote-search-error.png

9 replies to this idea

Same here, I have a support ticket open, but no joy. Interestingly this is limited to the new client and website. The deleted note does not show in either the legacy app or the legacy website. While this issue itself is not a big deal, it calls into question Evernote's sync. Which is literally the reason I moved back to Evernote from OneNote which I already get for "free" since I pay for Office 365. (OneNote's sync is atrocious), IMO.

• Like 1

Same for me

Using Evernote (the new "fresh&buggy" client) on Mac, Windows and IOS, the problem is the same for all OS.

I deleted (trashed and then finally deleted) ca. 100 notes in 2020. Now all these notes frequently appear in the search results. It happens for plain search and as well for tag-based queries.

When I click one of the zombie notes, Windows and Mac just display a blank note, IOS warns that the note is not available (correct).

Because this even appears on freshly installed machines (I got a new notebook last week), we know it is a server-side bug and not a client caching issue.

I really hope you can find a solution, soon, because sometimes I literally have to scroll miles through a group of zombie notes to get to my existing notes.

Side note: I appreciate the new fresh looking and consistent design across platforms, but I hate these bugs. Probably, you are aware that many users (at least among my colleagues) are looking for alternative products. Can't you stop developing/releasing "new amazing features" for a while and concentrate on fixing the worst bugs for some sprints (e.g. "all blank notes after computer standby require evernote restart" and this "zombie notes in search result" bug here) ? I bet this would make happy quite a bunch of people. 

Evernote support can re-index your account, make a support ticket and it will be solved.
This is a server-side issue/bug for V10 clients, the legacy versions don't show the data... which makes me think....

Same Issue, I moved from OneNote which was free and paying for Evernote. Would expect this to be sorted as it is very irritating and prevents proper work management. 

On 1/16/2021 at 6:29 PM, George P. Burdell said:

Same here, I have a support ticket open, but no joy. Interestingly this is limited to the new client and website. The deleted note does not show in either the legacy app or the legacy website. While this issue itself is not a big deal, it calls into question Evernote's sync. Which is literally the reason I moved back to Evernote from OneNote which I already get for "free" since I pay for Office 365. (OneNote's sync is atrocious), IMO.

@ George: I issued a ticket myself for exactly the same problem. Do you still have your ticket number please? I would like to mention it in my new ticket...