new editor: code block missing, found, mild cursing / markdown progress? docs?

laird

I see that the feature has moved to hide under the insert + icon (which makes no sense when I want to select a block of text and convert it to code but whatever).

Since it's all changing, is there an updated doc on how much markdown like behavior is being supported these days?  

23 hours ago, laird said:

Since it's all changing, is there an updated doc on how much markdown like behavior is being supported these days?  

The markdown (and pseudo markdown) I've found so far is:

Insert
"markdown"
horizontal line
--- (three dashes)
Code block
```
`code` (for inline code)
Table
[][][]x4
Headings
# ## or ###

Some of it has always worked in the legacy. I'm using the table shorcut alot now as it's so difficult to build a table in the new version which is not 2x2 .

Not surprisingly the three back ticks do not easily allow you to convert existing text into code.

9 hours ago, Paul A. said:

This markdown article still seems pretty accurate in terms of what is supported:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001758468

I don't know a way of converting existing text to a code block short of creating the code block and then cutting and pasting into the block, unfortunately.

Good find, thanks. It obviously has been updated because ``` to insert a code block doesn't work in the legacy viewer. However it is missing the # method for headings and wrapping text in single back ticks to give

image.png.a060a8b532b9e0c8f1bff16496ed1fe9.png

I don't think this could be done at all in the old version.