Major lag in tag filtering

44 minutes ago, malcolmwolf said:

When I remove a tag from a note, such as "To-Do," the note still appears in the list any time I filter all notes by the tag "To-Do." This is true even though I click on the note and it isn't tagged.

All searching and filtering is done on the server now. This means there is a timelag between removing or adding a tag and that change becoming searchable. That can take anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes and is very variable. It does generally seem to have got quicker but the time lag is still significant. It is a real issue for dynamic tags which, for example  identify notes that need attention, like in your example.

• Like 1

The release notes for the latest web client (10.5) state that this has been improved, although I haven't had the opportunity to test it myself yet. Presumably that improvement will come to the desktop 10.5 versions whenever they release in the coming days/weeks. Hopefully it makes the tag filtering update super snappy - I found that to be one of the delightful features of the legacy version of Evernote for Mac.

8 hours ago, Paul A. said:

The release notes for the latest web client (10.5) state that this has been improved, although I haven't had the opportunity to test it myself yet.

I assume you are refering to this:

• Active tag filters did not automatically update when tags were edited in notes - changes should now

I think that is actually referring to a different issue. In 10.4 if you filter by a tag and then remove the tag from one of the notes it will never update. You need to clear the filters and start again as there is no refresh filter function.

The good news is that @Shane D. says in this thread that the issue is being looked at:

The other thing for us tag users to look forward to in 10.5 is that clicking a tag in the sidebar filters by just that tag rather than trying to find (non-existent) notes containing the parent tag AND child1 AND child2 AND grandchild1 etc

• Like 1