Desktop App doesn't open after upgrading to 10.4.4

Hello, I am having a problem when I click on the icon to open the Evernote App in either 

my Start Menu or from the Desktop.  The machine gives a sign that it is working on the request

but then nothing happens.  So basically I cannot start the program.  

I uninstalled the app and then re-installed it on my machine it worked then,  but for only 

about 7 days.  Now it is back to doing the same thing...

The problem in intermittent, somedays it works fine.  Somedays it will not work, even with a machine restart. 

Anyone have experience with this? 

I am running Evernote 10.3.7, and Windows 10

Thanks and talks soon! 

Craig

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a public forum,  so you might want to remove your address details to avoid getting lots of new email friends...

Haven't seen any similar issues being reported,  but I'd suggest uninstalling / restarting / and reinstalling (as Administrator) from Evernote.com...

On 11/30/2020 at 2:46 AM, Craig J Costenbader said:

Anyone have experience with this?

To get help from the Guru's, best to let people on the forum know what version of Evernote you are running, and what operating system etc

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Jeff Kraft said:

I have the same problem, I am using the "Evernote-10.3.7-2018-setup.exe" version, my system is win10, please take the time to help fix this problem

Please check that you have the latest version for your system and consider a reboot / reinstall as above.  Does the Legacy app work for you?

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

请检查您的系统是否具有最新版本,并考虑如上所述进行重启/重新安装。旧版应用程式对您有用吗?

Windows is already the latest version. After unable to open the software, I reinstalled and restarted the computer, but it did not help. You mentioned that there is an old version, but I did not find it. Do you have time to find me? I need to use it on a windows computer, very grateful.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Jeff Kraft said:

Windows is already the latest version. After unable to open the software, I reinstalled and restarted the computer, but it did not help. You mentioned that there is an old version, but I did not find it. Do you have time to find me? I need to use it on a windows computer, very grateful.

Hi.  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote or http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.25.1.9091.exe 

Hi

The desktop app doesn't open after upgrading to 10.4.4 version, however I can interact with the system try icon.

Meanwhile, if any other user has the same issue, I recommend to use the web version until this issue is fixed.

Thanks

Javier G.

On 12/2/2020 at 12:25 PM, cesarmejias said:

Exactly the same problem here, any solution apart from migrating to an old version?

This is a nightmare

I am running Evernote 10.4.4  and Windows 10

The same! Can't open, have it uninstalled and reinstalled - no help...

Had the same problem after update to 10.4.4. but only on one computer. After reading previous posts, I decided to just wait and after about 30 min. I got a window stating that "Evernote was having trouble loading and please reload" I did and it has been performing normally since.

I had the same problem with 10.4.4 - blank screen except for File Edit View Note etc ... tabs. I then Uninstalled / Reinstalled - still  got a blank screen after signing in. After a while I then got a message “Sorry we are having trouble loading Evernote” - Like WTWrm9 I left it 15 mins and then clicked the ‘Reload Evernote’ tab and it then gave me a success message and started loading my 769 notes. 

I run Windows 10 Pro 32 bit 

Hi

Did you try this...

1. Uninstall your current Evernote installation

2. Go to...C:\User\yourname\Appdata\Roaming...delete the Evernote folder (note:  Appdata might me invisible, simply show all folder)

3. Then install the new 10.4.4 version (in this case Evernote will ask again your credential and it will start fresh)

It's my trick when I got problem with Evernote installation

Have a nice day

After installing the new version of Evernote yesterday. Mine was the same when I first turned on my laptop this morning. At first Evernote wouldn't open at all. Then I got a white box with just.. File Edit View Note etc. I managed to sign out of Evernote. Started it up again and signed in again. And then it worked. But will it still work in the morning?  Or will I have to start all over again.

On 12/4/2020 at 2:39 PM, BonskY said:

Go to...C:\User\yourname\Appdata\Roaming...delete the Evernote folder (note:  Appdata might me invisible, simply show all folder)

You can just type `%APPDATA%` into explorer and press return too.

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can not open the app just get a repeating message something has gone wrong quit or restart app. neither does anything have to force it to close through task manager. I have unistalled, reboted, reinstalled latest version several times, nothing, paid for this rubbish.

You can't do the same editing on the web version as the PC version really annoying.

• 1 year later...
On 12/4/2020 at 10:39 PM, BonskY said:

Hi

Did you try this...

1. Uninstall your current Evernote installation

2. Go to...C:\User\yourname\Appdata\Roaming...delete the Evernote folder (note:  Appdata might me invisible, simply show all folder)

3. Then install the new 10.4.4 version (in this case Evernote will ask again your credential and it will start fresh)

It's my trick when I got problem with Evernote installation

Have a nice day

This worked, thank you

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There are several remarks to be made:

Instead of doing the steps manually, one can install and use Revo Uninstaller (Windows). It will uninstall the data folders as well.

Download from the EN website and install the current version, whatever it may be. Current version is 10.39, but new ones will be released every 2-3 weeks.

• 6 months later...