where is settings menu and start with windows?

Kev@n

Idea

15 replies to this idea

17 hours ago, agsteele said:

@Kev@n I fear you're talking to fellow users ;)

There are threads about the startup question - create a shortcut in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Start-up

a so simple feature..is missing? really?

going back to legacy & migrating to OneNote

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 10:52 AM, Kev@n said:

a so simple feature..is missing? really?

going back to legacy & migrating to OneNote

Absolutely agree. This is the worst update i could imagine. 

• Like 1

Really would like to see this setting added for start on boot & start minimized! Can't believe I have to use the legacy app to get this feature. Adding your own shortcut works, but it never starts minimized even if you select "start minimized" in the shortcut properties 😒

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

This option was always a simple way to do what we used to do with Windows in the old days and create the shortcuts manually.

The inability to launch minimised was something I found marginally annoying but I've become used to Evernote opening automatically but not minimised.  Actually it is only an occasional issue since I mostly use Sleep mode which remembers that Evernote was minimised.  I presume that this is an issue with the new development framework.

In the same way that the SENDTO link is now automatically installed I would imagine that it would be low hanging fruit to provide a STARTUP option. In the meantime create your own by putting a shortcut to evernote.exe in

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Start-up

• Level 5

@evernote sucks now. OK, you picked the wrong user name, got stuck with it, don’t know how to change it and are now trying to get some attention. Poor boy (usually women don’t post ***** like this).

If you contribute to the forum, just go ahead, constructive criticism is fine with all of us.

Just be reminded: This is not Reddit, and we do not appreciate senseless postings. You already came close with your very first attempt.

Is settings still not added for new version? It is terrible experience having to search on Google to find out what is going on... and no solid answer. Threads are like 2 years old (2020), so after two years there are still no settings? I want to change default font size..etc. I should go back to old version...?

• Level 5

EN is very reluctant to add settings.

If you think about it, every setting needs to be reflected in the program code. This means a lot of IF-THEN-ELSE clauses to check and set preferences. It drives code complexity, and is not good for performance. I don't think they will go "all in" with preferences, better learn to live with what you have as default.

Legacy is part of a transition strategy - I do not think you should rely on it long term.

• Evernote Expert

Actually there are quite a number of settings but they are not gathered in a specifically labelled Settings menu. Still not as comprehensive as the Tools/Options menu in Legacy and you have to search about a bit to find things.

The font size stuff is only by note. Or you can create a blank note, set the fonts etc you want. Keep it in your Shortcuts and then copy it when you want to start a new note. Retitle and off you go.