64-Bit Version of Evernote for Windows 10?

LuigiLong
Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Idea

I noticed that my version of Clip to Evernote is 32-bit, yet the latest version for iOS is 64-bit? Is there going to be a 64-bit version for Windows 10 any time soon?

Thanks for your kind attention, it is much appreciated,

Regards, Luigi.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5
  • Solution

iOS has no web clipper. It only has the app itself. iOS does not support 32bit apps since some years. Same with the Mac, since MacOS 10.15. Good for performance, not so good for older software.

Maybe Windows is a bit back on this, trying to protect all those people who run older software on their PCs. If you look how many people are still on Windows 7 there is probably a need for this. So no problem with 32bit on that platform.

And most of those Windows 7 installations will be 64-Bit.

Windows has been available in 64-Bit since Windows XP. Windows 11 will only be 64-Bit or ARM64 (it will support 32-Bit Apps though).

In 2021 there's no reason to still be releasing apps in 32-Bit. Evernote and Spotify are the only apps I use that are still 32-Bit only.

Apple even cut off 32-Bit app support.

• Level 5

If I am not mistaken EN v10 for Windows is 64Bit. The thread owners post was about the clipper software.

Since it is a browser extension, it probably depends more on the browsers minimum requirements than on the OS.

No it's 32-Bit Only on Windows.

There's isn't any technical reason it couldn't be 64-Bit + ARM64 but the developers are to lazy to update it. EverNote isn't the only 32-Bit Only app in 2022. Spotify for Windows is the same.