(Archived) Trouble with "since:year" Attribute

I've been looking at the attributes in the windows desktop version. I'm attaching an image, showing that I've got three notes, all created in 2008. They show up in the Created-Since-This year (created:year) attribute. But they also show up in the "Last year (created:year-1) attribute.

Anyone have any idea why?

post-1775-131906061999_thumb.png

If you search for notes that were created since last year, that will return all of the ones created since 1/1/07

I think you might be trying to limit the search to only notes from 2007, in which case you'd want to add a "before" part as well to say "created since last year and before this year". This can be done via the GUI, but the underlying expression would be:

created:year-1 -created:year

If you search for notes that were created since last year, that will return all of the ones created since 1/1/07

I think you might be trying to limit the search to only notes from 2007, in which case you'd want to add a "before" part as well to say "created since last year and before this year". This can be done via the GUI, but the underlying expression would be:

created:year-1 -created:year

Oh, I see now. I was making the assumption that today, yesterday, this week, last week, worked the same way those categories worked when they were introduced into 2. In other words, yesterday would hold the notes that I created yesterday, not *since* yesterday.

Thanks.

Yeah, the goal was to give slightly lower-level primitives that could be used to build the same sort of queries, but could also offer power-users more specific behaviors:

"Find all notes created this year or last year, but not modified in the last month."

etc.

Strange, I don't find that the attributes work at all properly, but the search string does. If I search for created:day-1 I get notes I created today or yesterday (didn't actually verify, but I get two notes). If I click on attributes > Created > Since > Today I get 78 notes and if I click Yesterday I get 84 notes. The probelm is, I created two notes since then, not 80ish.

Strange, I don't find that the attributes work at all properly, but the search string does. If I search for created:day-1 I get notes I created today or yesterday (didn't actually verify, but I get two notes). If I click on attributes > Created > Since > Today I get 78 notes and if I click Yesterday I get 84 notes. The probelm is, I created two notes since then, not 80ish.

Which platform? (Sorry ... this is the first response to half of the reports now with Evernote Beta, due to the platform proliferation.)

We've been steering people to the feedback form (http://evernote.com/about/feedback/), which is available via a link on the UI when you log in, since this asks for the relevant platform & version fields up front.

Thanks

Archived