Duplicate pics being created when pasting one pic into notes

iOS 10.2. I can take a screenshot in Safari iOS, then click copy, then open Evernote and paste the screenshot into a note. Evernote will then paste multiple copies of that screenshot in. Weird thing is, if I repeat this operation, Safari / screenshot / Evernote a few times (leaving and coming back), previous pasted in screenshots are still being duplicated. Doing this and pasting into other applications is not pasting multiples in. Anyone seen this one?

• Like 4

I find that every time I paste a screenshot it pastes exactly 3 copies of the screenshot on three subsequent lines. Doesn't seem to matter what the note content is, I have it happen in bullet lists, new notes, old notes. Was a problem in 10.1.x and now still in 10.2. I have submitted a support ticket for it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Level 5

Any reaction to the support tickets ? I count 6 premium users here, so there should be 6 tickets with 6 answers ranging from EN iOS 10.2 to 10.10. OK, make this 7, because I could reproduce the problem, and issue a ticket myself.

One ticket is mentioned above, but without posting a reaction. 

• 3 months later...

I found that it depends where the paste is coming from. Mac Evernote doesn't seem to like a lot of Chrome images (unsupported file types like PNG, Webp, etc)

You can try to narrow it down to the culprit app and then seeing if pasting into a neutral app and copying from there resolves it. I've used apps like Snagit as a clipboard for stripping out hidden metadata and Paste.App on frequently used clipboard items.

I had a similar problem with text. I switched my copy/paste to copy/"paste and match style" to reduce the problems I had with text bringing in their funkiness (I had been using the work around of text soap to clean it before).

• 2 months later...

How can this be a problem for over a year and not be addressed by Evernote?

this is a real PITA and should have been corrected. 

I am doing a screen shot (an iOS function) and pasting into Evernote. There is no third party app involved it’s all Evernote. 

I’ve also reported it to apple as an iOS bug. Sometimes that makes a developer fix something. 

• 1 month later...

Same for me.....PREMIUM member since 2012....Is anyone from EVERNOTE ever going to address this issue??

If not, maybe, us SEVEN PREMIUM members should look for an alternative to EVERNOTE!!

There seems to be EVERNOTE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Level 5

Go ahead.

If you make 7 tickets from 7 friends in 7 minutes, maybe it rattles the gate with EN support.

Writing posts here to fellow users rattles nothing, you can hit the keys as hard as you wish. Be more careful with your keyboard, by the way, your capslock key starts to get sticky.

• 5 months later...