Incorrect Password bug

Incorrect Password bug  - chrome stored the password.

I get the message "Incorrect Password".  The first time I click "Sign In", I get "Incorrect Password", but it works fine the 2nd time I click "Sign In" .  - Both times chrome entered the password in the password box.

Background/setup:

Google Chrome is up to date - Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows 10  -  up to date

login to web client
Happened after "remember me for 30 days" expired.

I have seen this more than once. Not sure when it started. 

I don't think the issue is with chrome - because all my other sign ins work just fine. I have quite a few.

image.png.d5200b57aae745cbbb8c7bd9c9021046.png

• 3 years later...

I'm getting exactly the same problem now, fully up-to-date Chrome browser. I checked the password, it's correct. Every time I try to sign in, I have to attempt it at least twice. This is very frustrating, to say the least. It's now 2024, so it's been a bug for over 4 years - can we have some idea of when this will be fixed? 

• Level 5
16 hours ago, gstqtfr said:

I'm getting exactly the same problem now, fully up-to-date Chrome browser. I checked the password, it's correct. Every time I try to sign in, I have to attempt it at least twice. This is very frustrating, to say the least. It's now 2024, so it's been a bug for over 4 years - can we have some idea of when this will be fixed? 

Hi, and welcome to the forums. To be precise, one user posted this issue a little over 3 years ago. The thread hasn't been added to since then, so evidently it is not a widespread problem. But no doubt frustrating for those who experience it. We're other users here, with no insights on when bugs will be fixed. My first suggestion would be to clear cache and cookies on the browser, but you probably have done that already. Next would be to contact support: https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action. They've been very backed up in recent months, unfortunately.