iOS clipper no longer working

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

When I try to clip a page from Safari on my iPhone (XS, running latest iOS), I get all the prompts and add tags, then save. When I check the Evernote app (again iOS), the new clip isn’t there. Even after forcing a sync, the clip doesn’t appear. I’ve tried multiple clips; nothing.

• Level 5

It works - sort of. It creates a new note, and there is  content.

But if it is a page that requests a confirmation first, it will clip that confirmation page instead of the content I am watching. And if the page needs a log in (like this forum), there will be an access denied.

As a workaround try this:

• Select „all pages“ view, if possible. Select reader view, if possible.
  • Take a screen shot. Go to the screenshot window, and at the top select „Full Page“ instead of „Screenshot“. This will create a pdf of the page. Or use the „share - print“ option to reach the same goal, a pdf of the website.
  • Share it to EN. To have the URL, copy it from the browsers address field into the new note. All links in the pdf itself will not work, but you can go back to the page using the URL.

No, on my phone it does not create a new note. It creates nothing. I’m using version 10.2. 

My iPad is using 10.0, and that works. I can clip pages, and they sync to my phone. So something broke in 10.2.

Taking a screenshot and converting it to a PDF would not work for me; most of the things I clip are far too long for that. 

Actually, it also doesn’t work when I try to add a photo from my photo library. Basically, any time I try to send/clip something from elsewhere to Evernote, it doesn’t go through. Which is unfortunately my main use case for this app.

• Level 5

No, it is not EN 10.2 that is broken, it is your installation that has taken a shot.

We are running several devices in the family with EN 10.2 / iOS 14.2, ranging from venerable iPhone 6S+ and iPad Air 2 `til iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPad Pro 10.5. Sharing works on all of them, technically spoken, but often it does not create the content I want. But it does create a note, and it has a web clip in it.

To fix your installation, uninstall the app, dump all data, switch the iPhone completely off, wait, on again (Apple logo must show), reinstall, log in and wait until it has synced all data.

Creating a pdf is a workaround, like it or not. When using the full screen capture, it creates a full visual twin of the web site, that has no page breaks. It can be opened and viewed, although on the i-device long sites are hard to read. The Zoom level is not sufficient.

Using the print - and - create - a - pdf procedure results in a pdf with page breaks. Much better to read and annotate, the only issue may be that it does not completely reflect the look & feel of the original site.

Personally I would like to have a working web clipper on iOS. It was not great before, and it hasn’t improved with v10. If I really want to grab something from the web, I put it to the reading list, open it on the Mac and use the WebClipper there.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
  • Solution
8 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

Actually, it also doesn’t work when I try to add a photo from my photo library. Basically, any time I try to send/clip something from elsewhere to Evernote, it doesn’t go through. Which is unfortunately my main use case for this app.

Same answer: The app install on your iPhone is broken. You probably can’t fix it by updating, it needs a clean reinstall.

Since 10.2. EN iOS even supports selecting several pictures in the camera roll and creates a single note containing them. Works nicely.

• Thanks 1