Deleting or moving a tag

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

In previous versions I could delete a tag by right clicking and deleting it from the tag-tree.  I could also move and nest tags with a drag in drop.   In V10.x.x that appears to not work any more.  I've been unable to find a way to remove a tag from the list of tags or move a tag to a nested location.   Is that feature gone??

Bob

• Like 1
  • Solution
1 hour ago, rockvaletn said:

In previous versions I could delete a tag by right clicking and deleting it from the tag-tree.  I could also move and nest tags with a drag in drop.   In V10.x.x that appears to not work any more.  I've been unable to find a way to remove a tag from the list of tags or move a tag to a nested location.   Is that feature gone??

Bob

As you rightly point out there is very little that you can actually do in the tag tree in the sidebar. You need to use the main tag window which is found by clicking tags in the sidebar. All the functionaility you mention is then available from the three dots that appear if you hover over a tag, as well as the ability to drag and drop.

image.png.9727a258658c84f79f4429741bfdc489.png

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5
On 9/25/2022 at 2:55 PM, gustavoG9 said:

I still can only see "add to shortcuts" as the option to carry out on tags... all of them wiht 0 linked notes. persisting!!!

Hi and welcome to the forums. You're replying to a thread that's almost 2 years old, so undoubtedly things have changed. What procedure are you following? When I right-click a tag, either in the sidebar at left or in the tags panel, I get options to create a sub-tag, rename, remove tag from all notes, delete, add to shortcuts, and move tag. All of these except "remove" appear even with tags that have not been used on any notes.

• Like 1