My notes have disappeared despite definitely having synced them.

Basically as the title says. I used Evernote to take class notes for a few weeks starting in October, primarily on iPad but these notes were accessible on my Mac as well (I would check that the notes appeared on my mac at the end of each class. I had a similar experience with OneNote and wanted to avoid that happening again, yet here we are). A couple weeks go by where I don't use Evernote and I go to reference something on my iPad today only to be prompted with a sign in screen. After logging in, none of my notes could be found. I checked the trash on my mac and within Evernote, on my iPad/mac apps as well as the web app. I have searched on my mac's hard drive using folder locations I found in other forum posts. I downloaded the legacy Evernote app after seeing a staff member suggest that as well, but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for things I can attempt? Or am I just screwed? Finals are just around the corner and it would be a huge blow to lose these notes. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your options are:  reach out to Evernote on Twitter @EvernoteHelps - flag that you have a lost data issue and it's urgent.  Sadly,  that's going to take some time.  Or you could sign up to subscribe (if you can) on a monthly basis and use the first month to contact Support before downgrading your account to 'free' again.  (I did see a 50% offer flying around for students which might be another option - you'd have to search for that!)

As a subscriber you have a higher priority with support,  but they're a tad busy at the moment (!) so investigations might still take a while.  Good luck...

I have a premium Evernote account and with the latest update on my MAC, I was prompted to sign in again.  When I signed in, I found that I had lost all of my notebooks from years and years of work.  My profile only shows a free account, no matter whether I sign in to my home or work account.  I found a bunch of files in the trash, which I retrieved, but none of these files contain the notebooks.  Now I have several Evernote icons in my applications and desktop, but still cannot access any of my work. 

• Level 5*
On 12/1/2020 at 9:23 PM, Doe said:

I have a premium Evernote account and with the latest update on my MAC, I was prompted to sign in again.  When I signed in, I found that I had lost all of my notebooks from years and years of work.  My profile only shows a free account, no matter whether I sign in to my home or work account.  I found a bunch of files in the trash, which I retrieved, but none of these files contain the notebooks.  Now I have several Evernote icons in my applications and desktop, but still cannot access any of my work. 

Hi.  You're showing here as a Basic account user,  which suggests you're using the wrong login details to access your premium account.  Have you tried to sign in at Evernote.com?  There's a 'forgot password' option there you could try...