Note Info - Update Time Stamp Cannot be Edited

DavidJR

Idea

If a note is opened the latest version of Evernote for Mac updates the note time stamp under "Updated" EVEN IF NO EDIT OCCURS!!! Worse, there is no longer the ability to change the update date in the note details. This is CRITICAL now that the program changes this date when the note is ONLY OPENED. 

I keep my notes organized by the date they are updated and DO NOT WANT that update date time stamp to get changed simply because I go back and open a note to review the note! 

• Like 6

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 12/17/2020 at 12:59 PM, PedroR said:

I can no longer modify the "Updated Date" in Note Info

Your post has been merged with an existing discussion   
To indicate support for the request, use the vote button at the to left corner of the discussion

On 11/30/2020 at 11:28 PM, DavidJR said:

If a note is opened the latest version of Evernote for Mac updates the note time stamp under "Updated" EVEN IF NO EDIT OCCURS!!! Worse, there is no longer the ability to change the update date in the note details. This is CRITICAL now that the program changes this date when the note is ONLY OPENED. 

I keep my notes organized by the date they are updated and DO NOT WANT that update date time stamp to get changed simply because I go back and open a note to review the note! 

I use the same type of organization and I'm suffering from the same issue.  I added my voted. I look forward to be able to edit the "updated" time stamp of my notes again.

• Like 2

I'm also seeing this in Evernote for Windows (So not just an Evernote for Mac issue  😬 )

I used to be able to manually update the date and time in both the Created and Updated note info fields. Now inexplicably I can only update the Created note info field.

Please can the previous behaviour be restored and allow both the Created and Updated note info fields to be manually updated.

• Like 2

I can no longer modify the "Updated Date" in Note Info since the very last update to the following Mac version:

v 10.4.4 build 458403 public
Editor: v112.1.14477
Service: v1.23.6
© 2019 - 2020 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

This is crucial to me as I need the notes for be ordered by date.
Is this a bug or a change in the notes behavior?.

Thanks in advance!.

• Level 5*
45 minutes ago, DavidJR said:

If a note is opened the latest version of Evernote for Mac updates the note time stamp under "Updated" EVEN IF NO EDIT OCCURS!!!

I moved your post to the request forum, and added my vote
I opened notes without the time stamp being updated

>>I keep my notes organized by the date they are updated

I prefix the note title with the subject date 
For example: 2020-11-30 Journal [2020.335 Monday]

On 12/19/2020 at 8:36 AM, DTLow said:

Your post has been merged with an existing discussion   
To indicate support for the request, use the vote button at the to left corner of the discussion

Do you realise that very few people know about the voting feature?

It is effectively invisible unless you are an educated and regular forum user

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, robfol said:

Do you realise that very few people know about the voting feature?

Yes
This is the reason I add "To indicate support for the request, use the vote button at the to left corner of the discussion" to my posts

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, BEE said:

Why is there no official response to something like this?

This is a feature request with 10  user votes (including my vote)
What kind of "official response" are you looking for?

• Level 5

It is a feature, and you miss it. Good - now we may split hairs whether wanting it back is reporting a bug, or a feature re-request. I would call it a bug if taking it away was unintentional. I would call this no bug when taking it away was intentional. You can call it a bad decision, but if taking it out of the app was properly done, it is not a bug - maybe it is bad product management. But it does not matter:

• Call it a bug, and go to support.
  • Or call it a feature request, and go to support anyhow.

The forum is a good place to dump observations like this, but a terrible one to get anything moved. Threads with more than 500 votes, and no action tell the tale.