How to turn auto update off? (Windows)

I've been using evernote for some time now in a free account. Today it autoupdated without asking to download or anything. It only said it was downloading and if I wanted to restart the program. I've seen people saying to disable autoupdate on preferences but there is no menu even close to the posted pictures. How can I disable this feature?

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

Completely agree, this is annoying. Having a message take focus away from what you're doing is distracting and looks unprofessional when presenting your screen (on zoom). Please give us the option to turn auto update off AND/OR do not pop up the message. On a Mac you could render a message via notification centre

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 to all of the above. Stop sending us unnecessary notifications about app updates. Dont care, and highly irritating. More than enough reason to switch to competitors if need be. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@ccsw, @AM8987 , @teast , @emptybiz901, @marcooos, @PPPPPPPPPP. If you know how to edit and control Json files you can turn off "ForceUpdateAtStart" through the config.json, and Boron_template ..(it has a long name).....Json. However, this is not the official way of doing this and by saying this i am not telling you all to go t here and edit the file as that will be not be nice for Evernote  ;)   

• Like 1