Upgraded, now pay for the service, but in the new version, when I open the desktop on my PC, the main index window fills my screen 100%.  Cant even see the tab bar at the bottom of the screen.  I cant redcee the window size, only close it. I can only do that because I have a double header screen set up, otherwise Im not sure what I would do.  Ctrl-Alt-Delete I guess to close the program?   My only option therefore is to open Evernote via the web based application, which I would prefer not to do.  Any clues how to resize the page, tried all the obvious stuff like double clicking the tool bar at the top

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, tim fallow said:

the main index window fills my screen 100%

Hi.  What's your device?  And can we have a screenshot??  Alt+F4 should shut an active window down,  and Windows key <Win>+ left or right arrow should bounce the active window to one half or the other of your screen.

• 2 months later...

I just paid for subscription and I got the same issue. Super frustrating. Covering the whole screen the whole screen and have to abrupt my work every time I want to take a note. Please contact me asap this is not good UX.

image.thumb.png.572b6c79c0e595a9914851192a846e42.png

On 2/25/2021 at 11:35 AM, gorang said:

I just paid for subscription and I got the same issue. Super frustrating. Covering the whole screen the whole screen and have to abrupt my work every time I want to take a note. Please contact me asap this is not good UX.

image.thumb.png.572b6c79c0e595a9914851192a846e42.png

Could you describe your workflow? I'm not a fan of the layout in the screen shot you show either. I always want to see the note in the context of the notebook or search etc. However for me I only get this view (ie no note list) when:

• Using a shortcut from the sidebar to a specific note (ie not a search, notebook etc)
  • Going to a note using recent notes from the sidebar

It doesn't seem likely that you have done either of those things as you have a blank note which is why I'm intetrested in your workflow.

On 2/25/2021 at 11:35 AM, gorang said:

Please contact me asap this is not good UX.

This is a user forum and if you want help from Evernote staff you should contact Evernote support directly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Same problem, can only resize the window to slightly more than half the screen (windows + arrow keys do the same thing, normally they fill windows to half, with evernote they fill to about 60%, the same smallest size I can acheive manually by clicking and dragging the edge of the window).

• Evernote Expert

I'm not absolutely clear, from thge descriptions, if I have read this correctly.  It seems that Evernote will display the Note column with a snippet/card view etc when you open a notebook, make a search or click the All Notes option. Click on the snippet and you get the note open alongside the Notes column.

If, however, you go directly to a note - for example by clicking a note on the Home screen - then the note will open without the note column. This is because, in effect, you have performed a search of a single note and there is nothing else to display in the note column.

• 6 months later...

Same problem here, running Evernote 10.28.3 on Windows 11. The app window fills the entire screen, offering no ability to resize it. It doesn't react to Win+Left or Win+Right either: it's apparently just fixed in the full screen mode.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:30 AM, agsteele said:

I'm not absolutely clear, from thge descriptions, if I have read this correctly.  It seems that Evernote will display the Note column with a snippet/card view etc when you open a notebook, make a search or click the All Notes option. Click on the snippet and you get the note open alongside the Notes column.

If, however, you go directly to a note - for example by clicking a note on the Home screen - then the note will open without the note column. This is because, in effect, you have performed a search of a single note and there is nothing else to display in the note column.

To be frank, I can't see how it addresses the reported issue at all.

19 minutes ago, V-2 said:

it's apparently just fixed in the full screen mode.

Have you tried F11 which is the shortcut to toggle between normal and full screen mode? Or if you mean the note is filling the screen with no note list or sidebar have you used the collapse note icon?

image.png.691cc2df205aa62e46ed9a787a9a2568.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

If F11 doesn't work...

1. sign out of Evernote and back in
  2. exit Evernote,  power the device off,  then back on again
  3. exit Evernote, remove notes from device,  power off,  then back on
  4. exit Evernote, uninstall,  power off & back on,  reinstall
  5. exit Evernote, uninstall with Revo (if you can),  power off & back on,  reinstall

If step one doesn't fix it,  contact Support

• 7 months later...

I had the same issue and found the solution.

Do the following:

(1) At the top of the screen, select VIEW, and a dropdown box will appear - then select "Toggle Full Screen" - This will cause the window to decrease in size.

(2) You can then resize the window easily to whatever size you want by dragging the edges.

(3) Then, if you want Evernote to occupy the complete screen again, repeat step (1) above.

It's that simple!

• Like 1