Images not displaying within notes after upgrading Evernote

I capture a lot of screenshot images with the Evernote screenshot widget. These usually display within the note in the app. After upgrading the software to the latest version (10.4.4) many of these notes are no longer displaying the images. Instead they simply show a link to download the screenshot and then load that download in another application. This is very frustrating as it has overnight destroyed my primary use of the software - to quickly capture and retrieve visual notes.

I have attached an example of a note in the new Evernote and the same note in the old Evernote to illustrate the problem. this is happening across a large number of my notes, stretching back many years.

How can I restore complete functionality of this app? This "upgrade" seems very much like a downgrade, removing functionality and adding limits and inconvenience. I am paying for an Evernote Premium account. I'd like it to work. It is frankly infuriating that Evernote roll out new software before it is correctly working treating us all like BETA testers.

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 15.07.07.png

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 15.18.13.png

• Like 1