Help - Copy and paste text and images from Evernote to Word

With the most recent upgrade (v 10.3.7) I can no longer select all > copy and paste the content of a note into Word or Outlook.  The text renders, but the images do not.  They appear at image or picture boxes.

Any help is appreciated.

• Sad 1
  • 5 weeks later...

It is ridiculous that this doesn't work. Copy and paste is a basic Windows functionaility and should just work. The only work around I know is to drag the image from EN onto the desktop and then from the desktop into the Word document (or anywhere else). That's OK for the short term but is definitely not a long term solution.

• Like 1

I've just realized I couldn't copy and paste images from a note into Word or InDesign. That's a serious issue that needs to be solved. Please enable this functionality as soon as possible for I guess many people using the app as Premium members need this. Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

Below is the response I received from the support team:

Thank you for contacting Evernote Customer Support.

First, I do apologize for the wait. Evernote Customer Support has seen a huge uptake in tickets with all of the updates to the various computer operating systems. We are aware that we are behind and are in the process of catching up to the demand. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I understand that you can't copy paste an entire content with an image to other documents.

You can't easily copy paste a content especially with image to another documents, you can copy a text then paste, but for image you need to manually download the image then attach to the documents.

We haven’t built this feature into the new Evernote app. This is one of a handful of  features we are still considering. Thanks for letting us know this feature is important to you. I will share this information with our product team.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 2:58 PM, sbrooks said:

First, I do apologize for the wait. Evernote Customer Support has seen a huge uptake in tickets with all of the updates to the various computer operating systems. We are aware that we are behind and are in the process of catching up to the demand. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I understand that you can't copy paste an entire content with an image to other documents.

You can't easily copy paste a content especially with image to another documents, you can copy a text then paste, but for image you need to manually download the image then attach to the documents.

We haven’t built this feature into the new Evernote app. This is one of a handful of  features we are still considering. Thanks for letting us know this feature is important to you. I will share this information with our product team.

What do they mean by this exactly - Its hardly a feature.  I mean its a pretty basic computing function to be able to copy and paste something. I like evernote, and would rather not change to something else as I feel it is the best available - but this is ridiculous and has completely broken my workflow. It now takes much longer to get things done - utter nonsensical for them to state that they are considering adding it as a 'feature'.

• Like 1

It is not a feature the haven't built in yet it is a feature that was there for years and years that is now gone.   I have been using Evernote since march of 2012.. a little while now and I do not remember ever having any issues cutting and pasting between applications......NOT good!!

20 hours ago, avalon said:

What do they mean by this exactly - Its hardly a feature.  I mean its a pretty basic computing function to be able to copy and paste something. I like evernote, and would rather not change to something else as I feel it is the best available - but this is ridiculous and has completely broken my workflow. It now takes much longer to get things done - utter nonsensical for them to state that they are considering adding it as a 'feature'.

So I have played around with Apple notes today - Its actually easy to import in from EN and seems to work pretty well for me. Just a heads up to apple users that it is a viable alternative. No tagging feature if thats something you require though, and I dont see a web clipper, but thats no something I have ever used.

On 1/5/2021 at 8:58 AM, sbrooks said:

Why did they even eliminate copying images and pasting them elsewhere? Why make what was so easy a multistep process? This is not some marginal function, either. A note-taking app often has content--text, images, etc.--that the notetaker wants to be able to conveniently, quickly drag and drop into another app or doc. This has significantly downgraded my Evernote experience to the point where I am going to search for other options and potential cancel my account. Sad. Once great app has gone the way of so many--upgrading away convenience...and for what?!?! A mess of pottage!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, Stephen Lake said:

Why did they even eliminate copying images and pasting them elsewhere? Why make what was so easy a multistep process? This is not some marginal function, either. A note-taking app often has content--text, images, etc.--that the notetaker wants to be able to conveniently, quickly drag and drop into another app or doc. This has significantly downgraded my Evernote experience to the point where I am going to search for other options and potential cancel my account. Sad. Once great app has gone the way of so many--upgrading away convenience...and for what?!?! A mess of pottage!

Yeah its ridiculous. Its really basic functionality. Takes twice as long to do things this way and my desktop is just cluttered with loads of screen shots. Rubbish experience for an appp that should help you improve productivity. Hopefully they reverse this idiotic decision before my renewal comes up. Sometimes I wonder if anyone that works at EN actually uses their own product.....or maybe they do and thats why it takes so darn long to get anything sorted

• 4 weeks later...

Cannot believe they expect us to export every image in order to use it in another application. Only thing that has made me think about OneNote again.

Edit: if I right click an image and choose "open" it opens the file in MS Photos. From there copy works as expected into a Word or Google doc.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, sfmike said:

Edit: if I right click an image and choose "open" it opens the file in MS Photos. From there copy works as expected into a Word or Google doc.

Good tip, thanks. It actually opens in whatever program you have associated with that file type on your computer. For me it is Photoshop. A useful alternative to dragging to the desktop which is my current work around.

11 hours ago, sfmike said:

Cannot believe they expect us to export every image in order to use it in another application. Only thing that has made me think about OneNote again.

Pasting Word text with bullets to Evernote is also a pain... this is also multi-step process/action... On android the app even crashes when you try, lost multiple notes this way. So I'm not surprised this copy Image is also multistep... 

• Level 5
25 minutes ago, ArjenC said:

Pasting Word text with bullets to Evernote is also a pain... this is also multi-step process/action...

This seems to be working for me now.  Not sure when it changed. I'd kind of given up trying ;) Just tried again with a trial document and all worked as I expected... No post editing to tidy up undertaken. But to stick with the original post, no ability to copy and paste or drag and drop  from Evernote into any other program. It all has to go via the file explorer.

word.png.f72a867f940988c3ec555f485abaad51.png

en_10_8_5.png.9ded39fbadb2af262219a98c73c7af0c.png

Yes text seems to paste ok on 10.8.4... still the bullets are not seen as bullets, but as text. So you must still convert them to a bullet list. This is also the case with number lists. But there is some progress... for sure...

Didn't noticed the changes, don't use Evernote on daily basis anymore.
Can't trust the applications and had a workaround in place for every bug / glitch. Then i realized: what I'm i doing? So I moved away and use something that fits my workflow at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to share a workaround that I've found.  While it's not elegant, if you want to be able to copy and paste text and images from a note, I took these steps:

Click Share

Click E-mail A Copy

Send yourself an e-mail (I used Outlook)

When the e-mail arrives, the text and images are in order and you can copy and paste them from your e-mail.

Still, not a fix and no real response from EN, but it did help me a bit.