Search keeps crashing

onsoc

Whenever I open the search bar, it remains open for no more than 1 second and then it crashes. I am using the web client of evernote since I use linux and evernote does not have a native client on the OS. Also, I have tried restarting the browser and it still does not work. this problem has started within the past week and it was fine before then.

I have a similar issue, I think? I am also on Linux, though I am not sure if that should be a cause of the issue, considering we can only use the web app (unless you want to emulate the Windows desktop app through Wine or something, but I have not tried that.)

I am on Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS. When I use Evernote Web through Firefox, when I initially use the search box upon first loading Evernote, it will work, but as soon as I put my cursor into one of the note text fields, whenever I click on the search bar it will give me the search bar for a split second, and then jump back to the note. It has led to me typing one letter into the search bar, and then have the rest of the string end up in the note that I happen to have clicked on. Very annoying I must say.

I then tried to use Evernote via Chrome instead, and while the search bar works for me there, every five minutes or so it'll come up with a "problem loading this page" error, and Evernote will just crash out. I can't even reload Evernote with F5, I need to open a new tab, and get back into it that way. Very strange. Hope it gets fixed soon, it started happening for me randomly a few days ago, and Evernote is a very big part of my work flow, so I hope it changes.

I'm having the same problem in Evernote Web on Firefox, not on Chromium. When I click in the search bar, that is supposed to remain the "focus" so I can type in my search. I can type in maybe one letter, then it loses focus and I'm typing into my most recently opened Note. Has anyone found a solution?

• 2 months later...