Clicking a Tag filters for notes that include all sub-tags

When I click on a tag in the left hand pane that has sub-tags, instead of showing me notes that have the tag I clicked on it instead searches for notes that have that tag and all of it's sub-tags.

I organise my tags similar to folders, and the sub-tags are more specific than the parent tag therefore it's unlikely notes would have all of the sub-tags.

I can't think of a reason why this would be useful or a way of working that would require this. 

Is this the intended functionality? Is there a way to change settings so it instead shows the notes that have the selected tag and not also require them to have all of the sub-tags?

• Like 1

I have this same problem. It's essentially making clicking on a tag useless as virtually no tags are set up like this.|

Personally I'd love the option (set in preferences) to set it up such that when I click a tag it automatically brings up a "ANY of these tags or sub tags" (using ANY logic, not ALL OF). But the way it works not is completely useless. I can't tell if it's a bug or just a strange UI decision.

EDIT:
This works well in the legacy version by the way: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

That's what I'm going to use in the meantime.

Message to Evernote: if you want your users to use your new app it needs to correctly provide functionality your users actually need.

Edited by Torb
Added info
  • Like 1