Exporting All Notes No Longer Possible???

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

I have been using Evernote for 5 years and have always had the option the right click on "All Notes" and then select "Export" which I always do before updating to the newest version of Evernote. Just a moment ago I opened Evernote and it immediately began downloading the latest version which is also new behavior as it has always asked before starting the download. Anyway, that was not a problem because it still let's choose whether or not to install the update which I was going to do as soon as I backed up my notes, but when I right click on "All Notes" nothing happens. The the menu offering to export does not open and I find the only way to get it to open is by right clicking on individual notes.

Am I seriously expected to back up 600+ notes one at a time??? Is this a bug that will soon be fixed or is this the new Evernote way of doing things???

• Like 4
  • Level 5
  • Solution

In general export should be done notebook by notebook. The relation of note to notebook gets lost on export, so it is better to have one export file per notebook, than all notes on a big heap.

If one does this, it can be done with the new client as well, because it allows to export one notebook at a time. If individual notes are selected, the current limit is 50 notes (which IMHO is way too little).

For a full export, especially when automation / scripting is used, it only works using the legacy client.

• Like 2

Ah ha, ok. Thank you both,  gazumped and PinkElephant, for the info and advice. I never knew it was just save a pile of notes and not the notebook structure. I guess I don't even need that feature back then, and won't have to backup all of Evernote every time I update in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If individual notes are selected, the current limit is 50 notes (which IMHO is way too little).

I agree.  I have my select limit set to 500.  For anyone with a little coding courage it is possible to edit the config.json and change the select limit to a maximum of 1,000 notes. Of course an end user shouldn't be expected to be editing config files but for the time being it is possible for brave hearted... 😬

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Level 5

In general, the master copy (except local notebooks) is on the server anyhow. And because of note history it is even superior to any given backup, because you can go back in time for any individual note. Access is a Premium feature, but it runs on Basic accounts as well. The only gap is that when a note is finally deleted (from trash, not only from the active stock), it is lost together with its history.

On my desktops I have a job running on my PC, by Acronis True Image, that saves the EN data base. On the Mac, it is all in TimeMachine. I think it is plainly not necessary to export just to have it available. If I would export, it would be for a special reason.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

In general export should be done notebook by notebook. The relation of note to notebook gets lost on export, so it is better to have one export file per notebook, than all notes on a big heap.

As far as I can see the ability to export notebooks is gone. 

• Evernote Expert
7 hours ago, SparksinTexas said:

As far as I can see the ability to export notebooks is gone. 

One of those things that isn't where it used to be...

temp.thumb.png.13dafe3d675a42472a330bb225c8bd75.png

OPen the notebook | Click the three dot menu icon at the top of the column | Select Export Notebook

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

I've installed the new version of Evernote 10.4.4 and have to say that it's been working noticeably slower with a few drawbacks, so I am thinking of rolling back to version 6.25.

Below is the video link to demonstrate the most recent problem I've encountered:

I used to pre-select All the notes before I could export them. Now I can''t do that because by some reason when I go menu Edit -> Select All, Evernote highlights all the GUI elements so there is very little to none I can export. Had anybody done any user-acceptance testing before version 10.4.4 was put in production?

The other bad thing I've noticed is that Evernote does not allow now to select more than 50 notes. So effectively this means that a user has to check what was the last exported note before the user can select new notes created after that date, which is really a pain.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Jimmy Bionic said:

I used to pre-select All the notes before I could export them.

Your post has been merged with an existing discussion for this issue     
For now, the Legacy product seems to be the best solution

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Your post has been merged with an existing discussion for this issue     
For now, the Legacy product seems to be the best solution

Thanks. I think it would be a better idea to notify users in advance about any changes / new limitations  they encounter by agreeing to the installation of a new version.

I've also noticed the newer 10.4 version does not support any other formats of exporting data except for native enex-format

Is there any way I can toggle off new suggestions for updating the Windows app?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cutting off the ability to select >50 notes at a time seems arbitrary enough that it feels more like a change intended to discourange migration to other products, than anything needed to help long-time users.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
23 hours ago, crugen said:

it feels more like a change intended to discourange migration to other products

Either right-click a notebook name and select export notebook or use Legacy to export a selected range.  I'd guess this change is more to discourage excessive bandwidth being tied up on a new system - or - to make sure that the system works at scale (200M users!!) and avoid crashing it completely...

• Like 1

Hi folks, curious if anybody knows what Evernote plans to do in regards to this set of questions. 

Will Evernote provide an export option other then enex for a notebook or set of notes in a future version? Either the export option to html plus linked note files worked fine, an improvement would be export to pdf's (like the print option does) plus linked included files (like in the old version). 

I need to know the answer to make a decision to either stick to Evernote or likely leave it. I use Evernote as a full fledged note and task management system. I use it to organize and annotate all my meeting notes, emails, files, etc. Without this feature of non-enex export, Evernote is just a task management system with note-taking ability, but not with the ability that made Evernote so popular, which is to do way more than with notes. Note management to me has to include the ability to archive in a file format easily read in the future and not limited to just one software like html or pdf. 

Hopefully somebody knows the answer. I would really like to stick to Evernote and have enjoyed most of the upgrades.

Thanks, skirsten

• Like 4

Thanks to those pointing how the new UI provides for us to at least export one notebook at a time, but that will be laborious (if not unacceptable) for any with dozens or hundreds (or more) of them. And while switching to the Legacy app is a short-term workaround, I sure hope SOME better solution if forth-coming in the new client. (All this discussion of export options led to a new discovery for me, which I'll share in a different note.)

• Like 1

This discussion of exporting has helped me realize something I never paid attention to even in the Legacy client: the enex file does NOT track what NOTEBOOK notes were in! For those who knew that already, you can move on. (And yep, PinkElephant mentioned it above.) For those like me who never considered that, and its implications, you may want to read on (if you do use lots of notebooks and a hierarchy of them).

With the discussion here of how we could export one notebook at a time in the new UI, it made me wonder how that differed from my years of using the Legacy app's ability to select and export "all notes".

I just checked (in such an enex created in the old client) and I see now that in the xml underlying the enex format, it's simply got each note (in HTML format). There is no indication of what notebook each note was in.  I never considered that THAT "metadata" would not also be exported.

In fact, there's NO mention in the enex of notebook names at ALL, so not only do you lose what notes were in what notebooks, you also have no backup of any representation what notebooks you had, or what stacks, or any hierarchy to notebooks.

I'm sure some will say, "dude, that's all the export ever was". I'm just saying I didn't even think to confirm that until this discussion led me to wonder.

Again, I HOPE that among the improvements in the new UI is a "true" export with even just notebook metadata. (And sure, others will wonder also about tags, favorites, saved searches, and more.)

Others may argue we should "just backup the exb file" (what EN processes as out evernote db), as it has "everything". And sure, if one just wants to restore it for recovery within EN, that works. But some of us are indeed wanting a "backup" for the sake of perhaps taking our notes (and their structure) to use with another apps. And I'm not aware that other apps yet import from the (binary) exb file.

I just never realized until today how it would be impossible to retain that relationship or note to notebook (or notebook hierarchy), in any more based on having saved the enex as an export.  (I'm sure some will be wanting to point out how they knew this and have lamented it, and perhaps it's been discussed in other forum threads here. Sorry, I don't read them all.  I came to this one today in tripping over more things in the new client, and wanting to "export all" from the new client, only to find out how hard it is.)

And I do realize others will point out how this is all just more of the evil plan the Evernote team has to "lock us in". Maybe they do. Maybe they will be reconsidering btter export capabilities. A boy can have dreams.

• Like 5
  • Level 5*
7 minutes ago, carehart said:

And while switching to the Legacy app is a short-term workaround

I see no reason to make any messy migration decisions until I absolutely have to,  so I haven't 'switched' - I'm firmly committed to staying with the last public GA releases  (the ones even before Legacy) unless and until I'm advised that the infrastructure behind them is being closed down.

For the record (and because I can't resist the opportunity) 

3 minutes ago, carehart said:

dude, that's all the export ever was

-which is why I use Backupery (as a subscriber) which backs up each notebook (of my 300 or so) to ENEX individually and automatically each evening.  If you're worried about the online aspect,  have a look at CloudHQ - https://blog.cloudhq.net/how-and-why-you-should-backup-evernote/

And for @skirsten - Evernote doesn't usually share its intentions or comment on threads like these,  but backing up to HTML or ENEX should come back - and until it does,  Legacy beckons... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
15 minutes ago, carehart said:

I just never realized until today how it would be impossible to retain that relationship or note to notebook

If this is important, use separate exports for each notebook    
I use a script on my Mac to control this

>>or notebook hierarchy

Confirmed; notebook/tag hierarchy is not maintained in the export     
I use a naming standard that identifies the hierarchy; for example Budget, Budget-Computer, Budget-ComputerHardware

Hi @DTLow, thanks for the reply. Export to ENEX for notebooks is available now. I am looking for hints the export to html or other non-enex is coming back. Glad to hear you are optimistic there.

As it looks I need to back up my past notes/notebooks using the old Evernote version, which I still have on a different computer. Depending on the answer i will either severely limit my use of Evernote moving forward to just note and task taking, or I will start using Notion which can do the same on this basic level of task and note organization. On that level, notion is actually way more attractive since it has excellent timeline and calendar view options for just basic organization. Still hoping you are right and Evernote brings non-enex export back, since managing my work with notes and tasks is the most important function I want and no other system designed and payable for single users can do that, Evernote trumps it, but not without proper non-enex archive option. For now I am busy on a big project, so will finish that out first with my current system. In fall I'll reevaluate to either stick with Evernote or not, depending on the software status then. So far, Evernote has pleasantly surprised me overall with nearly all moves they've made, so crossing my fingers. 

• Level 5

You can install legacy side by side with v10 on the same computer.

Some do it and stick with legacy, using v10 for testing. Others use v10 as their main client, using legacy for these jobs that are not yet supported by v10. The only caveat is not to use both intermittently, because this may cause note conflicts.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, skirsten said:

Hi @DTLow, thanks for the reply. Export to ENEX for notebooks is available now. I am looking for hints the export to html or other non-enex is coming back. Glad to hear you are optimistic there.

As it looks I need to back up my past notes/notebooks using the old Evernote version, which I still have on a different computer. Depending on the answer i will either severely limit my use of Evernote moving forward to just note and task taking, or I will start using Notion which can do the same on this basic level of task and note organization. On that level, notion is actually way more attractive since it has excellent timeline and calendar view options for just basic organization. Still hoping you are right and Evernote brings non-enex export back, since managing my work with notes and tasks is the most important function I want and no other system designed and payable for single users can do that, Evernote trumps it, but not without proper non-enex archive option. For now I am busy on a big project, so will finish that out first with my current system. In fall I'll reevaluate to either stick with Evernote or not, depending on the software status then. So far, Evernote has pleasantly surprised me overall with nearly all moves they've made, so crossing my fingers. 

The only issue with Notion, that may or may not be an issue, is how big is your file... I like evernote from the standpoint that you can keep uploading and so far, while there are monthly upload limits, there are no total storage size caps

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 11/28/2020 at 1:26 PM, agsteele said:

I agree.  I have my select limit set to 500…it is possible to edit the config.json and change the select limit to a maximum of 1,000 notes…😬

Thank you!  

On 11/28/2020 at 9:44 AM, gazumped said:

I had no idea Legacy existed. All y'all just solved so many gripes I had about recent Evernote!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I definitely believe that Evernote needs a way to bulk export / backup Evernote files in a non-Evernote format. I am currently dealing w/ the death of a parent and trying to archive and backup their digital files. I do not want to pay for Evernote forever in order to keep their files from deletion. In order to create a digital archive I need a universal format that I can backup to a hard drive.

I currently am running:

10.9.10-mac-ddl-public (2439)
Editor: v119.1.15375
Service: v1.30.2
and when I try to export a single notebook, the only option I see is .ENEX. 

So, if I understand correctly, if I want to backup/export my notebooks in a .HTML file, I have to install the Legacy version? Wow! Is that inconvenient! 

Does EN have any plans to create a way to create a bulk backup system in a universal format? And if so, when?

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
8 minutes ago, mettasong said:

Does EN have any plans to create a way to create a bulk backup system in a universal format? And if so, when?

We expect/hope the Version 10 product will be updated with the HTML option, and the note # limit to be removed
No timetable specified - this is a work-in-progress

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 2:26 PM, agsteele said:

I agree.  I have my select limit set to 500.  For anyone with a little coding courage it is possible to edit the config.json and change the select limit to a maximum of 1,000 notes. Of course an end user shouldn't be expected to be editing config files but for the time being it is possible for brave hearted... 😬

Here is my file:

{
  "dev": {
    "mainUrl": "http://localhost:3003",
    "isDebug": false,
    "isFleEnabled": true,
    "ceVersion": "",
    "isOfflineSearchEnabled": null,
    "isNapLoginEnabled": null,
    "tracingEnabled": false,
    "checkForLocalNotebooks": null,
    "isNetLogEnabled": null
  },
  "general": {
    "defaultServiceHost": "https://www.evernote.com",
    "forceUpdateOnStart": true,
    "popupNoteWindowLimit": 20,
    "isSentryEnabled": true
  },
  "qa": {}
}

I dont see anything about the select limit. Am I missing it ?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, sassoon12 said:

Here is my file (config.json)

1591284771_ScreenShot2021-04-15at15_15_18.thumb.png.14461de2479d0a2d3866a20da3eb4b89.pngfwiw  Here's my version from a Mac   

I increased my limit to 100 notes (MultiSelectionLimit)

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

1591284771_ScreenShot2021-04-15at15_15_18.thumb.png.14461de2479d0a2d3866a20da3eb4b89.pngfwiw  Here's my version from a Mac   

I increased my limit to 100 notes (MultiSelectionLimit)

Thats great. thank you. is there a document showing what properties can be adjusted ?

Hi,

having issues with the current export, with the new version can not select all the notes to export them to ENEX, it gets stuck at 50 notes, how can I solve this?

Is there a button that I am missing somewhere to select all of them or do a complete export?

Alternatively, can anybody confirm an older version that is still working without this issue and where to download it from?

Had a quick look at the forum and other people mentioned this bug, but have seen no solution yet.

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Francescos said:

can anybody confirm an older version that is still working without this issue and where to download it from

I merged your post with an ongoing discussion on the not selection limit

The Evernote Legacy product can be downloaded at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote   
It does not have a selection limit

• Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert
On 4/15/2021 at 10:34 PM, sassoon12 said:

Thank you.

Can you tell me the exact format needed ? or at least where i can find it ?

The simple piece is for a Windows 10 installation is:

Edit the config.json file is a text editor such as notepad

Add the multiselectionlimit line to one of the sections in the file

I added it to the qa section as follows

"qa": {
    "multiSelectionLimit": 500
    }

NOTE: If you add it as the last line in the section then add a ' ,' at the end of the line before if there are any. For example "multiSelectEnabled": true,  But I just have the single line so no commas needed.

There is a limit of about 1,000 notes that can be selected so there is no point in trying to add 5000. I find 500 is a workable number for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 4/17/2021 at 6:51 AM, agsteele said:

The simple piece is for a Windows 10 installation is:

Edit the config.json file is a text editor such as notepad

Add the multiselectionlimit line to one of the sections in the file

I added it to the qa section as follows

"qa": {
    "multiSelectionLimit": 500
    }

NOTE: If you add it as the last line in the section then add a ' ,' at the end of the line before if there are any. For example "multiSelectEnabled": true,  But I just have the single line so no commas needed.

There is a limit of about 1,000 notes that can be selected so there is no point in trying to add 5000. I find 500 is a workable number for me.

Thank you. There must be a document showing all the possibilties. Do you know where i can find it ?

• Evernote Expert
7 hours ago, sassoon12 said:

Thank you. There must be a document showing all the possibilties. Do you know where i can find it ?

This is an unofficial workaround. I'm not sure, now, who worked it out.  I know that in the beta phase this line was in the config.json file but with a null value.  I suspect that someone tried changing its value and discovered that it made a difference.

I'm not aware of any official document of work arounds like this.

4 hours ago, agsteele said:

This is an unofficial workaround. I'm not sure, now, who worked it out.  I know that in the beta phase this line was in the config.json file but with a null value.  I suspect that someone tried changing its value and discovered that it made a difference.

I'm not aware of any official document of work arounds like this.

Got it. thanks for your help. 

Hi all - when i run the legacy with the latest version side by side then the legacy version is empty and all my notes are in the latest version. Is there a way to move the notes from the latest version to legacy? 

Thank you. The latest version is a disaster. Such a pity.

Spyros

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, Markaseos said:

the legacy version is empty and all my notes are in the latest version

Confirm you are using the same userid/password for each login

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If the login is correct: Both versions use the same server data base as master. A note that is shown in one is in general the other as well.

But legacy runs from a local copy, whereas v10 runs from the cloud directly. In your case maybe the local Legacy database is corrupted.

Press and hold alt/opt (Mac) or Strg/ctrl (Win) before clicking on the help menu. Below the usual menu items are additional ones to repair the database.

You can as well try to force a sync. Shift+ctrl Win or shift+opt Mac pressed down and held before clicking on the sync wheel.

No such options for v10, because it runs from the server directly.

• Like 1

Thank you both. Everything is solved now. My login was not the same. Now I have the old nice/great version. Multiple selection of tags with the mouse, when in desktop select a file, right click and directly send to the evernote and so many other great features that for some reason disappeared in the new version. Thank you I will never move from here.

Spyros

• Like 1

The more I work the Legacy the more I appreciate it. This newer version killed my productivity. I am using Evernote as my main support tool for years so with the newer version I got upset. Thank you PinkElephant and DTLow for releasing me from this mess of the last version.

Spyros

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I am using Evernote 6.25.1.9091. When I export, all I get is a skeleton enex file with no notes. Isn't this the legacy version people mentioned in the previous comments  which supports exporting all the notes in one file?

Also when I check the 'No not show this message again' checkbox in the last dialog, it still keeps popping up when I export. Looks like a bug.

57 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Do you have notes selected for export?

That did it. Thanks. I thought when All Notes is selected in the left side that meant to export them all.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
  • Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Nadya De Angelis said:

So... Evernote Legacy version that I used for export no longer works. 

Evernote Mac client is beyond bad, totally unusable. You can't export all notes, only 50 at a time. 

No export in web version. 

No other options? 

Nothing has changed with Legacy so I'd suspect a temporary issue. Have you tried the classic shutdown and restart your PC?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Nadya De Angelis said:

Legacy is working well for me; daily incremental exports and weekly full exports
What issues are you having?

>>You can't export all notes, only 50 at a time. 

With the v10 product, we can export all notes in a notebook

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Nadya De Angelis said:

Evernote Mac client is beyond bad, totally unusable. You can't export all notes, only 50 at a time. 

The same with Windows. The default limit is 50 notes. Exporting individual notes in batches isn't a great option anyway. Better to export as Notebooks so that you can reimport the notebook structure later.

• Level 5
On 10/23/2021 at 5:18 PM, Nadya De Angelis said:

No export in web version. 
No other options? 

EN works fine on my Mac (MacBook Pro 15", BigSur 11.6, EN legacy 7.14 & v10.23).

If not, there must be a reason for that. The best way to fix it is to remove the complete installation from the Mac, using the app AppCleaner to perform this operation. It is important to manually check all EN components for removal - if only the prechecked items are removed, the data will stay, which often is the main cause for problems.

Caution: If there are any local notebooks with legacy, they will be removed as well. Make sure you run a backup of these before. No problem with v10, no local notebooks to take care of.

If you export, you should know what you want to do with an export.

The range of an export can be from exporting a single note until everything. If everything one must know that the notebook information is lost with the ENEX files. This is nothing knew - who exported "everything" with legacy probably never tried an import - or would have found out.

So if you want to export "everything", v10 supports it in the only reasonable way: Notebook by notebook. It is good practice to name the ENEX files after the notebook they contain.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! @DTLow.

In my account I have half a dozen stacks (of notebooks), over 1542 notes (500 MB worth).
This would have been torture without being able to export more than 50 notes.

Evernote, thank you for retaining the last reasonable version (Evernote Legacy) and good bye.

• Level 5

OK, so you did it ? Congrats !

Wait a moment: If you use the „Export all notes“ option, all notes are put on one big heap. The notebook information is lost - it is as if all notes are in the one same notebook.

From your post I read that notebooks are important for your notes organisation. If you are OK with loosing this piece of information, proceed.

If not, you are back to 2 options:

• Export notebook by notebook, naming the ENEX-file after the notebook, to know where the notes belong. Can be done in v10 as well, it offers a full export of notebooks, independent from the number of notes.
  • Create a script that does it for you. Legacy only.

Details are found here:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005557

With EN legacy for windows it can be really simple to get a full backup with an ENEX-per-notebook structure

1. Sync everything

2. Sign out

3. On sign-on screen press CTRL+SHIFT+E, confirm the account to be backed up and EN legacy will create a folder on your desktop with an ENEX-file per notebook - totally automatic process. It makes my day every time backing up 🙂  For this feature, EN legacy is definitely superior. All export options of EN10 are to neglect against that.

• Level 5

The by far easiest solution for a backup is to let the backup software used on your computer do the job. It grabs the whole EN folder as it is, isolated or together with the backup running anyhow on the computer. Personally I run TimeMachine on my Mac and Acronis on my PC. Both solutions do a versioning of the backups - I can decide how far back I want to go, just in case.

For a restore the folder can be drawn from the backup and reinstalled.

It is not necessary to use any specific procedure or go through a set ofENEX files just for backing up. In the end it is highly unlikely you will ever need the backup, giving the security of cloud storage plus version history. Just stop to empty the trash habitually - if a note is gone, so is note history. For the residual risk, the general backup will do.

ENEX is a proper solution if anybody wants to leave the app and import the content to another app. This is usually a one timer, which is covered by v10.

When all the notes in the legacy app are exported without their Notebook designations and then one imports the file say in a new legacy app installation, are they all going to get imported into one notebook? That's pretty bad. I am surprised that Evernote doesn't save the Notebook meta information in that version which has been around for many years.

• Level 5

The ENEX file format does not hold this information. There is no field available for it in the standard.

So even if EN would write it somewhere, the importing app would not know it is there.

Exporting via ENEX is a one timer - you are not moving to another app every week. I don't think that this is a process that needs to be polished to the last bit of efficiency. Usually the problems after importing are larger than getting the proper export done. Most apps may offer an importer, but this does not solve different structural approaches in the way the content is treated. 

47 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The ENEX file format does not hold this information. There is no field available for it in the standard.

So even if EN would write it somewhere, the importing app would not know it is there.

Exporting via ENEX is a one timer - you are not moving to another app every week. I don't think that this is a process that needs to be polished to the last bit of efficiency. Usually the problems after importing are larger than getting the proper export done. Most apps may offer an importer, but this does not solve different structural approaches in the way the content is treated. 

The ENEX standard is a standard developed by Evernote. It's not a web standard. It's just an XML file. Since Evernote developed it, they can define and put in it whatever they want. Certainly they can define a field for the notebook name. Since they developed it, then of course Evernote can import everything from it. Other non Evernote apps can do the same once they understand the ENEX format.

So Evernote didn't put a field for the notebook name. I don't know if it was an oversight or done on purpose.

Here's an example with an added notebook field.

<created>20211025T190857Z</created>
        <updated>20211025T230642Z</updated>
        <note-attributes>
            <author>John Doe</author>
            <source>desktop.win</source>
            <notebook>Some Notebook</notebook>                                    <===== do something like this
            <source-application>evernote.win32</source-application>
        </note-attributes>

• Level 5

If you want to promote a change, ask support or send a feedback at EN.

In the forum are just other users, like me. And to be honest, I don't care. If I want an ENEX export, it does the job I need it for.

Here in the forum I only share with fellow users what to take care of when using the export solution.

I don't want a change or anything. I merely was curious on what happens when the import was done, where do all the notes go to.
Your reply had some incorrect information which I replied to.

The legacy app is done. No more updates to it. There's no use to send feedback about making changes to it. If the current version exports the notes with their notebooks info then whoever wants a proper export can upgrade to it. 

I don't care about exports and imports. I don't have a need for them. I too have my whole disk backed up.