I need PDF export option(not PDF print). How can I do?

mindtail

Idea

EverNote V10, I can't find PDF export option. There is only 'enex' option.

Of course, I can print to PDF. But, the PDF is not good for me becasue it is just image type, so I can't copy & paste text.

If there is already an option, let me know.

If it is impossible on Evernote 10, let me know how to solve this problem.

Thank you!

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, mindtail said:

EverNote V10, I can't find PDF export option.

The Evernote Legacy product only offered two export options: .enex and .html
Evernote Version 10 only offers an .enex export option, with additional options promised

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, mindtail said:

Of course, I can print to PDF. But, the PDF is not good for me becasue it is just image type, so I can't copy & paste text.

I don't know which PDF printer you are using  but the inability to copy and paste from the resulting PDF is a matter of the configuration of settings for printing the PDF.

The program I have used and recommended for more than 15 years Is PrimoPDF (https://www.primopdf.com/).  I think it is only a Windows program but am not certain.

Three things I really like about PrimoPDF is that while it is free, there is no advertising, it is VERY easy to change settings, and it will overwrite or append an existing PDF of the same name.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Gale Rhoades said:

I don't know which PDF printer you are using  but the inability to copy and paste from the resulting PDF is a matter of the configuration of settings for printing the PDF.

The program I have used and recommended for more than 15 years Is PrimoPDF (https://www.primopdf.com/).  I think it is only a Windows program but am not certain.

Three things I really like about PrimoPDF is that while it is free, there is no advertising, it is VERY easy to change settings, and it will overwrite or append an existing PDF of the same name.

Thanks. In the web version, there is an option "save as PDF(also have option "print to pdf")". But, Win10 Version doesn't have 'save as PDF'. If I want to make PDF, I have to use option "print > print to pdf".
- save as PDF : I can select text.
- print to PDF : I can't select text(it is printed Image type.)

Thanks!

7 hours ago, mindtail said:

In the web version, there is an option "save as PDF(also have option "print to pdf")". But, Win10 Version doesn't have 'save as PDF'.

Where do you find "save as pdf" within the web version? Are you sure that is not a function of the web browser rather than EN itself? I'm certainly not seeing it on Chrome but I might be looking in the wrong place.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Where do you find "save as pdf" within the web version? Are you sure that is not a function of the web browser rather than EN itself? I'm certainly not seeing it on Chrome but I might be looking in the wrong place.

Oh, sorry. I mean, on the web, I used chrome function(ctrl+p) and slect save as PDF.
You are right. Evernote web version also doesn't have option to save as PDF.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Gale Rhoades said:

Does  PrimoPDF work if you block Opencandy with the firewall?  Wikipedia says Opencandy is spyware.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PrimoPDF

Edited by Angry
typo
  • Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
12 hours ago, mindtail said:

Thanks for link!

I hope "Additional export options" is PDF.

I think you may have confused us by talking about export to PDF.  Evernote talks about EXPORT for the purpose of transferring the note to another Evernote account or into a different note taking program.  You, of course, mean the ability to save/print to PDF that existed in the v6.25 version of Evernote.  At the moment all the printing of notes is poor in Evernote 10.  It is little more than a dump of the note content to the printer.  There is no margin setting so text is just cut off at the end of a page with the result that lines are often printed the top half on one page and the bottom half on the next. Tables are often cut off on the right hand margin.

The same applies printing to PDF.  So you can certainly print but the output is likely to close to useless.

If priting to paper or PDF is a key part of your workflow then stay with the legacy version of Evernote - at least for that process.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5*
21 minutes ago, agsteele said:

Evernote talks about EXPORT for the purpose of transferring the note to another Evernote account or into a different note taking program. 

I use the export feature to backup my data; I  use HTML format

• Like 1
On 11/27/2020 at 5:54 PM, mindtail said:

Thanks. In the web version, there is an option "save as PDF(also have option "print to PDF")". But, Win10 Version doesn't have 'save as PDF'. If I want to make PDF, I have to use option "print > print to pdf".
- save as PDF : I can select text.
- print to PDF : I can't select text(it is printed Image type.)

Thanks!

The difference between "save to a PDF" and "Print to PDF" is ONLY the active settings in place when the PDF file is created. In other words, Save and Print are exactly the same process (the terms mean exactly the same thing); only the SETTINGS controlling access and permissions of the created PDF are different. Fix the settings (permissions) for the print program and the resulting PDF will allow copying, printing, annotating, etc.