Feature request: quick filter by tag (old school)

Walder

Idea

In new Evernote versions for Mac need 4 clicks to apply a filter by tag:

1. Click on "Add filter" button
2. Click on "Select tag..." field
3. Find and click on the tag
4. Click on any place to close "Add Filters" window

In old versions it was more quickly, only 2 clicks:

1. Click on "Tag" button
2. Find and click on the tag

Please check how in new versions can apply filters by tags more quickly. Now need spend 2 times more clicks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 replies to this idea

and, in addition, it was a REAL filter to drill down notes by tags used by the list of notes. Current filter just shows ALL tags Evernote has stored - that‘s bad. I mentioned this in the iOS forum, but it‘s valid for all platforms (V10).

• Like 2
On 12/10/2020 at 3:10 AM, Peter Olins said:

Click on the Search box and enter your tag name. The results will include a tag result at the bottom of the list. Click on this.

Sometimes it is not suitable. This search will be around all notebooks but sometimes I need only tags of one notebook. This search will find not only tags but also any words around notes. 

• Like 1
On 11/29/2020 at 10:59 AM, stocky2605 said:

and, in addition, it was a REAL filter to drill down notes by tags used by the list of notes. Current filter just shows ALL tags Evernote has stored - that‘s bad. I mentioned this in the iOS forum, but it‘s valid for all platforms (V10).

Yes this is exactly what I was looking for today.

Effectively drilling down to a given note, or note-set, by filtering the tags of the notes returned each time. Another feature that I used constantly to swiftly find an intended note, or set of notes, NOT available in the new release! ! 

Today I discovered another bad design decision also hampering on productivity - see https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/131673-issues-with-modifying-tagsfiltering-tags/?tab=comments#comment-596504

A new major release of a productivity app that hinders your productivity by removing or badly implementing key features reflects very badly, what's going on evernote team?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, anger said:

A new major release of a productivity app that hinders your productivity by removing or badly implementing key features reflects very badly, what's going on evernote team?

It's mystifying. I wonder if Evernote actually dogfoods their product internally? It's as if none of the Evernote staff are actually anything more than superficial users of the app. If key members of product management used Evernote more extensively, I have to imagine they would run into all these issues and limitations themselves. 

• Like 1