Offline access

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Tcellguy said:

Are offline search and compete local database sync not supported by Evernote 10?

Of course
- there's an offline database (optional) and it's search-able

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2020 at 11:01 PM, DTLow said:

Of course
- there's an offline database (optional) and it's search-able

There does not seem to be an offline database in the sense that the full collection of notes are available while offline. The new Evernote seems to only download a note when it is opened while online, after which point in time that particular note (that was previously opened) will then be available while offline. However, if I have thousands of notes and have not opened each one of them recently while online, then when I am offline on an airplane I am not able to open those other notes. Put another way: If I have recently opened notes 1 through 100 while online, then I can access those offline; whereas, if I attempt to open notes 101 through 1,000 while offline, then I cannot access those notes. I am hopeful that Evernote prioritizes full offline functionality in the near future.

This was a deal breaker for me. I need access to certain notes in offline mode. Until they update all my notes would sync to my iOS devices and I could access them while on planes etc. Silently the update was applied, and when I tried to access a note offline it was just t available. That’s what I was paying for, so that’s it for me! Ten year sub cancelled. Bye!