Using ENScript from the Windows command line (Not the v10.x app)

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

• Level 5*

I want to run an ENScript command via Powershell (like a DOS window) to execute a search for a notebook in EN 6.25.1 & Windows 10.

The syntax (I hope) is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\enscript.exe /q notebook:TestNotes

Some part of that needs to be in quotes because of the space in at the beginning, but wherever I close the quotes off, the next character sparks an "unexpected token" error.

At line:1 char:xx
Unexpected token '\Evernote\Evernote\ENScript' in expression or statement.
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

I've not been using command lines stuff for a while - does it even still work with this version of Evernote?  Should I be quoting a database/ account name for the search?  (Can't tell from the documentation)

Any help much appreciated!!

• Level 5*
  • Solution

OK.  Thanks to talent,  research,  long hours of work and pure blind luck I now have a command line that works:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\enscript.exe" shownotes /q "notebook:<notebook>" 

Run that in a command window and you'll get that notebook open in Evernote 6.25 (if it's already running).

Now all I have to do is remember why I wanted to make that work...   🤔

• Level 5*
On 11/26/2020 at 4:50 AM, gazumped said:

I want to run an ENScript command via Powershell (like a DOS window) to execute a search for a notebook in EN 6.25.1 & Windows 10.

You might be interested in this discussion; it addresses quotes

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
10 hours ago, DTLow said:

You might be interested in this discussion; it addresses quotes

Darn!!  I missed that one. @jefito posted quite a lot on ENScript,  and his other comments helped me to my (eventual) solution - but that thread would have been useful!

I'm actually trying to embed my command line into a file:// -type link to I can jump from a Workflowy entry to a Notebook list view,  but that's not going so well now either. 

Not giving up though:  batch files here I come!   😏