Notes not uploading from IOS

Until the last week I really hadnt use the "new" evernote.  I have to say I am unimpressed in both formats I use.

My current problem is that I have created a note on the IOS version.  It is photos of items I need to retain but have now been binned.  I created the note on Sunday and it has still not uploading despite being connected to the internet for virtually all this time.

I do not want to restart the app etc incase I lose the note as I no longer have the originals.  I am sure that someone will come on and say "well you shouldnt have diposed of the originals". The point however being that the app should do what it is meant to and has never not before!  If I wanted to simply keep the originals and not digitise things I wouldnt have the app and Id just keep a massive pile of unorganised paper.

Is this a known problem or and if so is there a get around or fix so that I do not lose my note.

I dont really know where all this is going now as there seem to be so many things that dont work and I am only a lite user.  I appreciate people have said you can return to legacy on other platforms but this is not possible on IOS and I have auto update plus why should/would you check whether a app is working correctly before you update it, surely that is the developers job?  I'm confused....

Ultimately how do I save this note everything else is a consideration for another day.....

• Level 5

There can be corrupted notes in v10 that block syncing. Sometimes they sync, and then they are undetectable on all devices.

However if you manage to delete them on the device where they were created, they will vanish from all others as well.

Here is the best post I found about how to get rid of it:

If this does not work, for me it worked when I uninstalled the EN app on my iPhone (where the corruption had happened), dumping all data as well. Then I switched the iPhone completely off, rebooted it, reinstalled the EN client, logged in and let it sync. After that it was back to normal as well.

It’s not a legacy note.  It was created on the new version it has the symbol that it is uploading but is simply not doing so.  As I said I don’t want to get rid of the note as then it has gone and I have lost the contents which i need otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered saving it in the first place!

• Level 5

I know. If a link is posted, it pulls the title under which it was published.

The posting itself is about an undeletable note under EN v10 iOS. Because the v10 clients use the same framework independently from the OS, it is probably worth to try this procedure.

2 hours ago, donnydl said:

Until the last week I really hadnt use the "new" evernote.  I have to say I am unimpressed in both formats I use.

My current problem is that I have created a note on the IOS version.  It is photos of items I need to retain but have now been binned.  I created the note on Sunday and it has still not uploading despite being connected to the internet for virtually all this time.

I do not want to restart the app etc incase I lose the note as I no longer have the originals.  I am sure that someone will come on and say "well you shouldnt have diposed of the originals". The point however being that the app should do what it is meant to and has never not before!  If I wanted to simply keep the originals and not digitise things I wouldnt have the app and Id just keep a massive pile of unorganised paper.

Is this a known problem or and if so is there a get around or fix so that I do not lose my note.

I dont really know where all this is going now as there seem to be so many things that dont work and I am only a lite user.  I appreciate people have said you can return to legacy on other platforms but this is not possible on IOS and I have auto update plus why should/would you check whether a app is working correctly before you update it, surely that is the developers job?  I'm confused....

Ultimately how do I save this note everything else is a consideration for another day.....

Do not force close the app, if this is what happened to me, you will lose this data.  What I would suggest is copy the data into apple notes or a word doc, where ever, somewhere you know it is safe.  Once you know this data is safe, force close the app, restart it, put the data back in, go to settings - sync and it should then sync this data.  

I am also having on going issues with sync on ios and find sometimes it wont sync at all - which you might be experencing just now, or other times I have to force sync it either in settings or pulling down on the notes list to generate the green spinning wheel which syncs.

Hope that helps and you dont lose your data.

2 hours ago, donnydl said:

I am encountering the same problem as you this morning. This is another problem from Evernote's side. Don't waste your time reconfiguring, reinstallling or anything else, even if the Evernote so-called "support" tells you to. I've been through this in the past. After wasting away hours of work, I would find I was back at square one with exactly the same problem. They are good at making users waste their time by running around in circles, but hopeless at fixing things.

To solve your worry about losing your images, I would recommend you go back into the note and download them into a folder on your desktop or device. This way you can be sure you won't lose them, whatever happens with the sync problem.

William and Ian Thankyou I will do this and hopefully will be able to save the contents.  I think once this is done at least for the time being I will need to remove Evernote from my phone to remove the automatic nature of using it so as not to lose important content.  I am so used to doing it this way it is just an automatic action.

I have not contacted Evernote support as having looked a little on the forums over the last week it looked like it might be a pointless exercise.  Very sad as it has been a perfect filing cabinet and one of the few apps/services I was willing to pay for......

Evernote to NEVERNOTE on iPad

This is sheer lunacy! Last Tuesday I created a note at lunchtime. Added to it in the evening. Next day evening text MISSING.

Last night, 26th November, created a note of just a few lines in the morning. Added text in the evening. Copied the whole note into DayOne just in case. Closed and opened Evernote. Everything there. This morning last nights text is MISSING.

Am I the only iPad user with this problem?

Roy that does seem very apt.  Dont have an ipad anymore but its definately is a problem on my Iphone so much so I have now removed the app to remove the temptation to use it.  It was as automatic as turning the light on when it gets dark to just send stuff to evernote but its just too risky now.  Fortunately I rescued that one really important note but I have no idea if I lost any others as the point was to put it in evernote so I didnt have to remember it!!!

On 11/26/2020 at 10:58 AM, PinkElephant said:

There can be corrupted notes in v10 that block syncing. Sometimes they sync, and then they are undetectable on all devices. …

How do you know which note is the culprit?