After updating my machine to Big Sur, Skitch only captures what is on the desktop - not any windows in front.

I know this to be a security/privacy issue that should be able to be granted to Skitch, but I can't figure out which one.

Any ideas on what settings to give Skitch in order to use my favorite screen shott application?

OK, I downloaded another screen shot application, and it got me to an area that isn't obvious -  You'll see nothing selected on the left side, but on the top right, it shows "allow the apps below to record the contents of your screen..." Once the new application showed me the location, I was able to drag Skitch to that same screen, and it works now. This might be a Big Sur issue, as selecting the app to record the screen is not possible unless the system is aware that it needs to be available/shown.

image.thumb.png.7032168fca6ff194b09abdfbbf6a7e5f.png

• Level 5

Thanks for posting.

You see the little „+“-sign below the right hand window ? That is where you can directly add any installed app if it does not show by itself. The „-„ is used to get rid of an app in case you want to shorten that list.

Sure, but the section that allows you to approve apps for screen recording doesn't show up. There is no way to select it. When you open Security & Privacy, not the lack of an option to allow the screen to be recorded. This is how my screen shows up. You can click all day long on the buttons on the left and never find one that lets you approve apps for screen recording. The only way to get there is to install another ready-for-Big-Sur app for screen recording for that to show up. Once you get it to show up, you can add Skitch to the list, but you can't get to the list without an app properly requesting permission to record the screen.

184066473_CleanShot2020-11-25at18_01.32@2x.thumb.png.7ab6ad73a3dc305ac15eff4a99c9cb84.png 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have this same problem, I have clicked the checkbox in security settings and it still does not work. 
I am thinking the solution is to download from app store. However, my company's macbook has blocked us from signing into the app store and hence I cannot download from there. Anyone encountered the same issue? Any solutions for me? Thank you :(